Winter Break Trip 2014

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I was eagerly awaiting a new TR, since you hadn't posted here for some days over the holidays. More Death Valley Goodness!

I hope the Lady likes her new Lowa Renegades. I like mine (with a few reservations). They've never given me a single blister or hotspot, and they even give me enough support for backpacking. They are the best fitting boot I've ever worn. I just wish they were more durable. I've had to glue some seams where the thread came loose, the tread is already starting to wear down and they aren't even two years old. The fit is so good, though, that I'll probably buy them again.

highz said:
I was eagerly awaiting a new TR, since you hadn't posted here for some days over the holidays. More Death Valley Goodness!

I hope the Lady likes her new Lowa Renegades. I like mine (with a few reservations). They've never given me a single blister or hotspot, and they even give me enough support for backpacking. They are the best fitting boot I've ever worn. I just wish they were more durable. I've had to glue some seams where the thread came loose, the tread is already starting to wear down and they aren't even two years old. The fit is so good, though, that I'll probably buy them again.
The Lady loves the renegades and has gone through several pairs. Like the rest of us dealing with getting older, her feet just crossed the threshold to the next larger size and is back to being very happy with the fit. She gets hers whenever, if ever, she finds a sale. She has another new pair "in the bank" as she says. Both the Spiders are also running renegades. She gets two years out of them. My boots will last me three but look pretty poorly the last season.

Glad you are enjoying the story. It gets better. At least I think so.

Ski - We passed you last Saturday morning at about 9:30 am on Hwy. 190 just outside of Lone Pine. You were heading toward LP and we were heading to DV. I recognized your rig and waved, but you would not have known us, as we were in our Jeep, not our camper. Nice trip report, as usual. Looking forward to the future installment(s). - Richard

You really nailed this shot! Perfect exposure and timing of the moon with alpenglow illuminating Montgomery.
I've photographed the same view several times, but never caught the scene as well as you did here.

We're glad you and the Lady enjoyed a restorative soak and went up to poke around the cemetery. Pretty cool stuff.
DVNP_Dec2014_428.jpg

Oh man, you're making it tough to plan my next DV trip. I was going for the northern portion now I'm conflicted. Oh well, I don' really think you can go wrong wherever you go.

Back
Top Bottom