Winter Trip to the East Side of the Sierra Nevada

Thanks for sharing, ski.
smile.gif

In October my Bridgeport friend gave me an intro tour of that area north of Mono, east of 395 below Conway (as an alternative "dispersed" area to my favorite spot on the southeast side of the lake). Was that your first time to camp there...or has it been in the ski3pin repteroire for a while?

:LOL:
You know, sometimes a quick short trip, is just what you need; sort of makes the mouth water for a even longer one that make take a little planning with a map or two! Nice TR!

Smoke

Some interesting winter camping there. Not much in the way of snow, surprised its enough for skiing, but thats coming from a non skier.

Was that your first time to camp there...or has it been in the ski3pin repteroire for a while?

Mr. BC, first time camping there. Back in the pre-camper days, we'd travel with a propane stove and simple mess kit for making good coffee and our breakfast. This was a favorite spot to pull off the highway, make breakfast, and watch the world wake up.

Thanks for the report. Looks like you found a really nice dinner spot. The combo of skiing and hot springs is awesome- something we do not have around here. We do have snow though, a fresh 10 inches last night and yesterday.

Nice use of a weekend, you guys. Great photos as always.

I've spent the night out those boulders off the Conway grade too, but didn't drive in too far at the time. This was before I had my Tundra / FWC.

Fun to see Ted's Camp with thin snow pack. Hopefully that will change tonight. :)

Thanks for the report, you guys sure have been getting after it this year. Quite the opposite for the co pilot and I this season (for various reasons) but we sure appreciate the motivation as we aim to fix that!

Great trip thanks for sharing! Looked like a great trip, as usual. Very helpful info for our April foray into that area as well. A bit disappointed with the look of that snowpack though!! March is often our snowiest month, think it might get better there? And was that pretty analogous of most of the region?

...A bit disappointed with the look of that snowpack though!! March is often our snowiest month, think it might get better there?...

A couple of days ago I saw a month-long (March) projection for western weather. It showed average precip in Oregon and Washington, but below-average to much-below for California.
sad.gif

<snip>
March is often our snowiest month, think it might get better there? And was that pretty analogous of most of the region?

Mr. Green, it is looking pretty sad. I just checked the extended forecast for the next two weeks, nothing. On the east side the upper snowfields should still be in good shape. Extended dry spell with sun may be giving good spring corn snow and possibly the roads may be open further in lessening the approaches. I'm trying to find a silver lining. :)

The silver lining might be getting the early start for us gardeners. Carrots, herbs, and potatoes are planted. Seeds are started for peppers, green beans, jicama, and tomatoes. Still need to get the zucchini and sunflowers going.

The silver lining might be getting the early start for us gardeners. Carrots, herbs, and potatoes are planted. Seeds are started for peppers, green beans, jicama, and tomatoes. Still need to get the zucchini and sunflowers going.

You're killing me! We still have 2 feet of frost in the ground and a foot of snow on top of it. The sun is getting high, though. Just a matter of time. :cool:

You're killing me! We still have 2 feet of frost in the ground and a foot of snow on top of it. The sun is getting high, though. Just a matter of time. :cool:

Ted is in quite a bit warmer terrain than us up the "hill". :)

Back
Top Bottom