Wireless Back-Up Camera

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Any one install a wireless Back-Up? I purchased a monitor and 2 license plate cameras, one for the truck and one for my off road trailer when it is ready.

I had nothing but problems. I had my Ford Dealership install and wire the camera. It would work and then stop. $250 dollars in with Ford and they had the truck 3 times. They didn't charge past the initial $125.

Tadi Brothers had great reviews, but after all the BS I shipped it all back.

Any experience with them or another wireless camera? jd

I bought a cheap one. It's wired to the taillight when the camper is loaded. It transmits to a monitor that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Works OK but my buddy has one that he monitors on his phone. Pretty cool.

I have a garmin gps with dash cam. I bought the garmin BC 30 camera kit, and 50' extension cable for the transmitter. the transmitter is mounted on the cabs' rear window (lower drivers side), and the camera is mounted on the rear license plate. The picture quality is better than the one built into our 2017 GMC Terrain. It took me about 30 minutes to install. (The garmin will support up to 4 cameras.)

Mark - what kind does your buddy have and does he like it? I was using one that went through my phone but it didn't work very well and then stopped working. I would like to get some kind of backup camera going, as I hate backing up the trunk with the camper on it it when I can't see what's behind me.

Anyone else with an after market back up camera please chime in on your experiences!

Thanks,
-Rick

I tried a Tadi brothers and took it off. It really didn’t help wired or wireless.

I went to Rear View Safety. First with their 7” display and then replaced the stereo with a Kenwood that has video inputs. I’ve been ok with this setup but usually forget to use it unless I’m hooking up a trailer. Old habits die hard, I’m so used to using mirrors and turning my head.

Back
Top Bottom