Wiring Info

remithoren

Advanced Member
Would Stan or Ben be able to let us know how the wiring is run from the top?
Theres no schematic with the original paperwork.
I would like to tap into it and add a 12 vt plug.

that would actually be super helpful...i am rewiring my camper here soon for a dual battery and those pesky taillights...always having issues with the blinkers/brake lights and the reverse lights go on sometimes when i turn on the interior lights. surely a poor connection but it would be helpful to know where everything is...92-93' ranger II...cheers

tail lights

Erod,

Actually to fix the tail lights are an easy one. The pig tail that plugs into the camper should be wired into your harness under the truck at the back. I would just take it off and mark how each wire was connected and put a new one in. We normally use scotch locks on those and then wrap it well with electrical tape.

Wiring run

Hi Ben,
2006 Hawk,
Question is to how the 12vt wiring is run from the lights in the pop top to the circuit breakers. It surely doesnt run along the vinyl sides or does it? My goal is to tap into the circuit at some point and wire in another 12vt outlet. Probably along the upper storage cabinet.

Attachments

• FWCINT.jpg
    FWCINT.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 295
Erod,

Actually to fix the tail lights are an easy one. The pig tail that plugs into the camper should be wired into your harness under the truck at the back. I would just take it off and mark how each wire was connected and put a new one in. We normally use scotch locks on those and then wrap it well with electrical tape.

sweet, thanks ben, i apparently know absolutely nothing about electrical connections...oh wait, i knew that :) .

wire run

Well I hate to say it but the 2006 is past my pay grade.:) I am not aware of how they are running the wires on the new campers. If it is still the same as years ago, you will find the wires from the roof running down behind the front panel and along the wall on the drivers side of the camper. To hook into them to go to the side of the camper that you show would be a chore.

On that side of the camper there should be some wire toward the right of where you show for an awning light. Again, this is if they prewire the campers the way we used too. By removing the wall on that side you should be able to tap into those wires and install the 12 volt outlet where you want a little easier than from the other side.

Again though, all this is based on what we did years ago there. You are going to have to give Stan a call on that one to see how they are doing it today.

800-242-1442 is the number to reach Stan at.

hey there

there won't be any wires on that side of the camper.

the only place on that side (passenger side) where there would be 12v wires would be towards the rear / in the upper wall area above the small storage cabinet at the end of the couch -- the wires that are there are pre-wired for the passenger side awning light.

it might be tough to find these, but you can call Chicali in the service dept. if you really want to get in to it. He might be able to get you a measurement.

SERVICE: CHICALI 800-242-1442

Back
Top Bottom