Wiring review/opinions (double check) needed.....

kmcintyre

Ok, if you've followed my saga to get my patio light wired into the switch panel on my Flatbed Hawk.
At the switch panel there are 2 green/yellow wires labelled flood lights (I don't have flood lights so they aren't being used ; yet). I installed a new switch into the panel and hooked those wires to the switch.

Found the wire at the fuse box that goes to the patio light. Found the green/yellow wire the comes into the fuse box. This wire is hot all the time. I thought it'd be controlled by the wires in the switch panel and it does (just not how I hoped it would) as there are 2 wires; one hot, one load. One of the green/yellow wires comes into the fuse box and supplies the power to the switch box. The other wire goes out to the flood lights.

I had hoped to disconnect the g/y wire from the fuse box and connect it to the patio light wire but since it's always "hot" that doesn't work so......

I think I have to tap into the g/y wire that is going to the flood lights and tap the patio wire to that wire. Does this make sense or am I missing an easier way?

BTW, I'm still pretty confused on the wiring labels/fuses as they don't match up.

Back
Top Bottom