Wolf Creek State Park, Illinois — small steps😀

Glenn

Well, this wasn’t near the adventure that most of you report, but it was a huge step for me given my post stroke recovery.

Our all Trad club met here for our Fall bowhunt:

IMG_2520.jpeg

Our Autumn is just beginning:

IMG_2531.jpeg

The Topper was super comfortable, and I used a combination of the State Parks electric and the campers 12V power. An unforeseen, but added benefit was how far the LED lights flooded my camping area with no other external lights on:

IMG_2535.jpeg

Walking through the woods without stumbling and falling is huge progress, it seems so basic that I had just always took it for granted:

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2548.jpeg

Good fellowship, and a group prayer before eating:

IMG_2544.jpeg

It is so great to get out, this was a super easy trip but was a good test for my ability and sleeping in the topper. I used my tent for overflow and for a changing room. Getting ready to head home tonight:

IMG_2542.jpeg

Next month in November my Son and I are heading up to my in-laws farm to hunt….no water or electric and I will be trying out the shower tent and shower

Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 6
Congratulations on getting out there again. Health issues can be challenging, but sounds like hard work and good friends got you through. Yes, the little things like being with good people and being in the outdoors are always the best.

Back
Top Bottom