Work Boots

Well, the local store doesn't carry the work boots. Hate trying boots sight unseen but I like trying new things so I ordered the Keen's. A very liberal return policy and free shipping didn't hurt. I know what you mean smoke, gotta keep that leather in good condition. I wish I could say I'm good about it but half the time I put it on once and forget it. Maybe I'll do better this time.

Go for it Craig- if you learn about something new and different every day, you are ahead of the game-so do it-let us know about this time next year or sooner if they work okay :D ! New boots I envy you, nothing better and the smell of new leather-wax 'em up with some good mink oil-and don't forget the soles! :p Enjoy!

Smoke

For you fans of mink oil, consider this:

https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

I used to use mink oil or Hubbards grease or the Red Wing oil or whatever the feed and seed store had. IMO your boots will last longer using the above. I use it on everything except my Sorel snow boots. Then I use Sno Seal. Probably would work for them too but I already have what's turning into a lifetime supply of Sno Seal.

Well, what ever does your leather and feels good to you-do-it, I'm still using my mink oil-guess i'm to old to change! Whatever!

smoke

I'm just looking forward to having dry feet again. Now I need to remember to make sure the puppies can't tear my my new boots!

P.S. I did briefly (very briefly) consider asking this over at Expo. Somehow sifting through 3000 opinions and 17 pages of replies didn't seem like something I wanted to do though :)

craig333 said:
I'm just looking forward to having dry feet again. Now I need to remember to make sure the puppies can't tear my my new boots!

P.S. I did briefly (very briefly) consider asking this over at Expo. Somehow sifting through 3000 opinions and 17 pages of replies didn't seem like something I wanted to do though :)
As long as you find one that you agree with --that's what counts :D !

Smoke
Enjoy your feet!

Smoke

I'll post a good writeup when they arrive. Has me thinking though, In all the ski3pins posts I don't ever recall seeing what they wear for hiking boots. If anyones an expert there they have to be.

The Louisville's. One thing I didn't mention, aside from needing waterproof boots, is I also work with a lot of broken glass. Puncture resistance is helpful but seem you sacrifice that for slip resistance.

craig333 said:
I'll post a good writeup when they arrive. Has me thinking though, In all the ski3pins posts I don't ever recall seeing what they wear for hiking boots. If anyones an expert there they have to be.
Lowa mountain boots since 1968, but our needs are a bit different than your work environment.

A little late for this boot go round, but I've always had tremendous luck with quality wildland fire boots. After grunting hundreds of miles for a couple summers in college, I can vouch for the danner flashpoints, or if you really want the goods, the hathorn explorer smoke jumpers. They'll last a lifetime in pretty abusive situations.

Well so far I can't say I'm too happy with the Keen's. They seem well constructed but they are not comfortable. Hopefully they'll improve.

Back
Top Bottom