WTB 4WC Eagle or ATC Ocelot in Canada **CAMPER ORDERED!**

Tanner07

Hello,

Looking to connect with the seller of the above mentioned campers, either an Eagle or an Ocelot in the 72" width. I have to pass on any shell models unfortunately, as water storage and a sink are required for us. Hot water is not required.

Would consider 4WC Fleet as well.

I am located in Western Canada (Alberta) but am willing to travel as Covid allows for the right unit! Let me know what you have or if you know of something.

Thanks a bunch,
Tanner

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tanner, I recommend considering the ATC Bobcat as well.
Thank you and I wanted to consider it, in fact the only reason I chose to not mention it in my post was because I can't seem to figure out the dimensions of the Bobcat; most folks peg it at 72" wide by 80" long but that overlaps with the 72" Ocelot. Is the Bobcat not somehow smaller? If I can sort out the details of the Bobcat I will add it to my list. Can anybody elaborate?

Welcome Tanner! You do know that if you buy a shell, you can build it out the way you like, and if that includes water storage and a sink, do that too?

What truck are you putting this on?

I have a 72" wide, 8' long PUMA and quite like the way it tucks in instead of hanging out on my 1 ton truck.

By the way, there are a few of us on the forum from Alberta

Vic Harder said:
Welcome Tanner! You do know that if you buy a shell, you can build it out the way you like, and if that includes water storage and a sink, do that too?

What truck are you putting this on?

I have a 72" wide, 8' long PUMA and quite like the way it tucks in instead of hanging out on my 1 ton truck.

By the way, there are a few of us on the forum from Alberta
Hi Vic,

I have seen your posts as I've been lurking around and I had thought that maybe I'd ask you about doing a meetup one day if I am lining up an order for an ATC - it's fairly nerve wracking to think about dropping that money on a product I've never even seen in person and I see you are only about an hour from me. If there are others from Alberta here that is great news. These campers are hard to find up here, so thanks for saying hi.

Yes, I have considered the shell route and building out to my preference but I am not handy as a carpenter - I am a mechanic by trade but not skilled or equipped for carpentry work unfortunately. I have built my current truck setup as a custom job suited to me, but this time the idea of buying something that's to my liking right off the bat is appealing. Building out a shell is not completely off the table, but for sure would like to see what's out there for pre-built units to begin with.

I will be using a 2005 double-cab Toyota Tundra 4x4 for my truck. The box is only 70" wide hence my search for one of the more narrow options, as I don't want the camper hanging out the sides either.

Tanner07,welcome to the cult.
I have a Bobcat on a 2002 Tundra AC cab.It fits perfectly.
Your 2005 Double Cab Tundra has a deeper bed depth.
I think about 2" deeper.When you search for a used ATC Bobcat/Ocelet
you will have to put some sort of platform under the camper to raise it to
clear the bed rails.
Same with the FWC Eagle.
Your best start is to call/write Marty at ATC and get your questions answered.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Tanner07,welcome to the cult.
I have a Bobcat on a 2002 Tundra AC cab.It fits perfectly.
Your 2005 Double Cab Tundra has a deeper bed depth.
I think about 2" deeper.When you search for a used ATC Bobcat/Ocelet
you will have to put some sort of platform under the camper to raise it to
clear the bed rails.
Same with the FWC Eagle.
Your best start is to call/write Marty at ATC and get your questions answered.
Frank
Interesting, thanks Frank I hadn't heard about the platform being necessary so I will look into that. I have emailed the guys at ATC but of course being the weekend haven't heard back yet. This thread is to get a head start on my search - I've been through the 2-3 year browsing and consideration period we all seem to go through and we are now more serious about committing to a truck camper. Currently using a canvas truck topper on the Tundra with a tent mounted on top and a 270 degree awning on the side. I am a fly fisherman like yourself.

Thanks again.

When you talk to the guys at ATC tell them your truck and maybe they can make a Bobcat
to fit a deeper bed. So you don't have to use a platform.

MY camper was first on/made for 2006 Ford Ranger,but when I wanted to change trucks and
talked to Marty he suggested a 1st gen Tundra AC Cab as the camper fits without and problems.

Marty and Jeff are great to work with.

Check out my travel blog to see pictures of the Bobcat on both trucks.
The Bobcat is 80" long and 72" wide fits perfectly in the bed.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
The Bobcat is 80" long and 72" wide fits perfectly in the bed.
Frank
And this is the part that confuses me; those are identical dimensions to the Ocelot in it's 72" wide form. What is it that is different between the two campers that makes it worthwhile to offer both at the same foot print?

ATC site for reference.

Attachments

• Resize-Wizard-2.jpg
    Resize-Wizard-2.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 51
Tanner . I went through the same thing a little over 3 yrs ago. I ended up ordering a 72" Ocelot shell, plus a few options, to fit on my 2017 Silverado. I live in Ontario and the only pop up of that type that I had seen was a FWC Fleet that was only 45 min from me. I asked a lot of questions on this site and also talked to Marty and Jeff a fair bit. Ended up placing the order and heading out to get it and 13500 km later, after breaking it in on a trip to Baja , we got it home. Honestly , the camper is everything we expected and the Guys at ATC were great to work with. Go for it, you won't regret it !!

Tanner07 said:
Hi Vic,

I have seen your posts as I've been lurking around and I had thought that maybe I'd ask you about doing a meetup one day if I am lining up an order for an ATC - it's fairly nerve wracking to think about dropping that money on a product I've never even seen in person and I see you are only about an hour from me. If there are others from Alberta here that is great news. These campers are hard to find up here, so thanks for saying hi.

Yes, I have considered the shell route and building out to my preference but I am not handy as a carpenter - I am a mechanic by trade but not skilled or equipped for carpentry work unfortunately. I have built my current truck setup as a custom job suited to me, but this time the idea of buying something that's to my liking right off the bat is appealing. Building out a shell is not completely off the table, but for sure would like to see what's out there for pre-built units to begin with.

I will be using a 2005 double-cab Toyota Tundra 4x4 for my truck. The box is only 70" wide hence my search for one of the more narrow options, as I don't want the camper hanging out the sides either.
Would be happy to meetup... kinda tricky with Covid restrictions in Alberta right now though. The camper is in my garage as I am tweeking a few things.

Vic Harder said:
Would be happy to meetup... kinda tricky with Covid restrictions in Alberta right now though. The camper is in my garage as I am tweeking a few things.
Definitely tricky to meet up unless things change, so here's hoping.

Also to update and elaborate for anybody who's wondering what technical differences exist between Bobcat and Ocelot, it's the floor width. The Ocelot has a 48" wide floor while the Bobcat has just 39".

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tanner, congratulations! You’re getting a great camper!

What options did you select?
Hi and thanks, I ordered it in 72" width with the slide-out larger bed and the side couch plus the cold weather pack. Furnace, 2-way compressor fridge, additional battery plus solar. A powered fan over the bed plus normal one over the galley, a rear window, those little steps for climbing up the back, the additional 12V plug plus 110V system pretty much rounds out the list.

Back
Top Bottom