WTB 8'+ camper

rystjohn

Advanced Member
Howdy everyone!

My girlfriend and I have been somewhat active here for the past several months and we can't thank y'all enough for the support and advice we've received!

Long story short we sold our two vehicles and put the money together to purchase a '97 Dodge Ram 2500 long bed (8') with a Cummins engine. Now we need to get a slide in camper!

dodge truck.jpg

Our budget is around 4-6K, lower is obviously better for us as we have some mods that we'd like to do and have the money left over for (solar panels, lighting, etc).

Our other requirements: are that the weight be around 1800lbs or less, that it preferably be aluminum framed or fiberglass, and that it can fit all three of us comfortably (myself, the lady and our dog). We also really want it to have: a stove, a fridge, and good ventilation (fantastic fan, etc). Having a sink, outdoor shower, and possibly a port-a-pot would be nice, but not on our list of requirements.

We are willing to travel, but would prefer to keep it close as possible to Asheville, NC (28801) where we live. I'd be willing to drive 15-20 hours one way to get it, but the lady and I can't really take the time off right now to drive all the way to Colorado or California, hahah. Maybe later in the season.

We are open to hard side or pop up campers. We will be living out of it for approximately a year as we bounce around the US, so our biggest concern is reliability first and foremost, and space.

We've been looking mostly at FWC Grandbys, ATC Cougars, Lance campers, Northern Light campers, and we've been dabbling with the thought of a few Hallmarks and Skampers (the lady LOVES the idea of storage under the bed) but we're weary on a wood-framed camper...

If you see or have anything that fits our needs, let us know!

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom