WTB: Vintage Camper (pre-1989) for 1/2Ton truck -WY,MT, ID

2wheelbob

I figured I'd float this crazy idea out there and see what happens.... I am currently beginning the search for a vintage Camper to put in the bed of a 1972 Chevy K10 long bed truck that I will be picking up in a few weeks in northwest Montana. I am trying to put together a surprise for my mom. My wife and I are members of a group called "Expedition Utah". Every year, we get together for their 'Relic Run'. It's a throw back party/celebration to when we were kids and our folks would take us camping in the mountains. Back in 2017, I hosted the gathering in Wyoming and my mom joined us. She had such a great time that she is constantly talking about it. This coming year she will be turning 80 years old and she told me her one big goal is to drive her own 'relic' truck to the trip. She asked me to find her a suitable truck. I told her I would keep my eye out. A few weeks back, I found her a truck. I haven't told her yet and will surprise her with the keys when I get it home. I figured if I could find a vintage truck camper, that would be icing on the cake! I'd love to find something close to the year of her truck but am able to use anything up to 1989 (to keep within the rules of the run). If anyone has an old long bed compatible camper they would be interested in parting with, feel free to reach out to me and we can visit about it. I'm located in northwest Wyoming. Thanks in advance!

Might help your search if you mention what you are looking for; a short bed or long bed truck compatible camper.

I remember reading about the Relic Run over on Expo years ago. Glad to learn it’s still in business.
Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the tip! I will amend the post. Looking for a long bed compatible camper!

Hi Bob-- seems like I saw something old like that recently on Bozeman or Idaho Falls Craigslist. Good look with your project, sounds like fun!

Looks a little too new for the Relic Run but might work for mom. Thanks for the lead!

Back
Top Bottom