WTW Can't find the page

Boy got me again too! I also tried to post in reply on "advise needed" on the pop-up forum! Took me a while to do it-sort of put me in to "editor "or something, then posted and sent me that red not allowed to post. Eventually got it in!

Smoke

Very random.
Just happened to me when I went to look at your message, Craig.

I think it's the indexer software.
It seems to not be cycling through the indexing process often enough.
This sometimes happens when a forum gets really BIG with lots of threads and the forum members are adding a lot of new threads, too.
Decreasing the time interval between indexing processes might be able to fix it.

Here's what I've seen on forums that I own and operate.
Right after indexing all the threads in the indexer database, it works.
And, when it hasn't run the indexing process for a while, it doesn't work.
Clicking on the desired thread forces a one-time specific indexing, looking for the desired thread and it works for that instance

Then on the other hand maybe it's something else.

<p>Thanks Alley-Kat. I'll push your possible cause/solution up the food chain.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This issue continues - randomly and with different browsers/operating systems - with me.</p>

ski3pin said:
<p>Thanks Alley-Kat. I'll push your possible cause/solution up the food chain.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>This issue continues - randomly and with different browsers/operating systems - with me.</p>
especially when I try to post a reply.

^ wanted to reply here ... four times to get this particular page, but that might be on purpose ;)

Yes, noticeably worse today.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for me the "can't load page" is almost always displayed in mobile format - when I had been on desktop (windows). AND likewise switched to desktop/full screen for the can't display page when I had been on android ph. Refresh usually works, loading up in the correct viewing format. fwiw...

This is getting old.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.53.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.53.56 PM.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 85
It has been almost constant here this week. The moderators have received no response from the admin folks when we report this problem.

craig333 said:
Yesterday it was bad, today didn't happen a single time. Beats me whats going on.
Multiple servers with a load distributor in front, with one or more that are not configured/patched to the same level???

^ yeah, what he said :oops: :oops:
:D

But seriously, thanks to the mods for trying to get this resolved, and for letting us know it.

At this point it is only an inconvenience that hopefully won't become worse. I say that because previously I frequented another site that was inflicted with a small issue that became worse. As that was happening It was still possible for the members, those that bothered, to get around it but eventually it progressed to a serious impairment the owner was unable to resolve. As a result, he closed and took down the site - which was a shame.

Now I admit, that was a much different situation. But, there is that old story of the boy and the dike.. and it's not like these sites are popping up all over anymore.

Back
Top Bottom