WTW contributing members needed to test Camping USA features

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
In the next week or two we will be opening a custom forum installation at camping-usa.com. I am looking for contributing members here at WTW that would like to become beta testers in the initial stages of that system. Your job will be to rate and/or upload photos to campgrounds you have stayed at. Points earned in the new CUSA points system will be matched in your WTW contributor accounts (but only until the new system is opened to the public at CUSA).

Let me know if you have questions or are interested. Thanks!

I would be interested. I try and avoid campgrounds, but I am sure I have a few photos.

How much time would I have before it goes public and the points will not move over?

Can you provide a link to the place to upload photos at camping-usa?

I would be interested. I try and avoid campgrounds, but I am sure I have a few photos.

How much time would I have before it goes public and the points will not move over?

Can you provide a link to the place to upload photos at camping-usa?

The public photo upload doesnt exist yet. I'd say the testing window would be 3-4 weeks long.

The public photo upload doesnt exist yet. I'd say the testing window would be 3-4 weeks long.

3-4 weeks would give me some time to work on it when the weather is bad and things are slow. Count me in.

In the next week or two we will be opening a custom forum installation at camping-usa.com. I am looking for contributing members here at WTW that would like to become beta testers in the initial stages of that system. Your job will be to rate and/or upload photos to campgrounds you have stayed at. Points earned in the new CUSA points system will be matched in your WTW contributor accounts (but only until the new system is opened to the public at CUSA).

DD I would just be interested in rating and uploading pictures of places we stay/have stayed. Does this help the CUSA site? The point issue doesn't matter to me just the help to other campers.

Frank

DD I would just be interested in rating and uploading pictures of places we stay/have stayed. Does this help the CUSA site? The point issue doesn't matter to me just the help to other campers.

Frank

Yeah you bet. Any review or photo is helpful but I can only assign points here to people with contributor status. If you aren't interested in the points you could still participate.

I'm sure I could squeeze in the time for a few photo uploads. The site is pretty handy to see and find a ton of campsites in a hurry.

Put me down to help out. I have a few campground photos here and there that I could upload. Let me know when/how.
- Mark

I have actually been doing this for a while since we stay in campgrounds about 50% of the time. Up to now I have sent them to DD and he made the changes. I'm sure it will save him a lot of time to have us do the upload directly. Besides pictures and a campground review, I usually confirm the map location and send any links for the campground. DD, are these additional steps helpful or necessary?

I have actually been doing this for a while since we stay in campgrounds about 50% of the time. Up to now I have sent them to DD and he made the changes. I'm sure it will save him a lot of time to have us do the upload directly. Besides pictures and a campground review, I usually confirm the map location and send any links for the campground. DD, are these additional steps helpful or necessary?

We are in the process of updating the entire database at the rate of about 1000 per month. At this point we don't want to update them out of order so there is no longer any need to send updated coordinates etc.

Sure, DD, I'll help test the Camping-USA Beta. And, as you well know, I can always use the WtW points. :LOL:

After a lot of delays and pauses to research various things, I can at least say we are getting close. Related announcement here:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5315/

Back
Top Bottom