WTW photography workshop ?

Wu Wei

Advanced Member
i have been looking at the wildlife photography thread and we have some great photographers. It got me thinking about camping and some kind of photo workshop, somewhere where one might pick up some pointers on their expertise. I just think camping and photography go hand in hand. So it would be nice to learn more than just point and shoot... It would even be nice to do action shots..... like spring skiing :D or whatever.. i am just throwing it out there since I have a retro check coming. Retro = new camera. Any thoughts????? You could save someone from becoming a hack photographer

I think it would be a great idea. I have a Nikon D-50 which I use on my travels. I would love to learn things that would enhance my limited knowledge. For me it would have to be sometime in the future for me to get out West. I like the thought. JD

Depending on time and location, I would be up for something along these lines. Additionally, we could do some online Q&A sessions. Queue up a question, and people could respond with their approach. There is always more than one way to do things.

Post processing is another area that should be in the mix.

Edit: I would like to hear some specifics of what people would like to achieve in these efforts. What are you interested in? Big mammals? Birds? Fast action of animals? Landscape? Photoshop?

Where would you like go? A place that has both landscape and wildlife is the Black Hills area. Any other suggestions?

Here's a link to my public images on Flickr if you're interested in seeing more of the type of photography I am interested in. Bird centric, but a broad spectrum.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_parsons/

Great idea. I could sure use some pointers. Reading about it helps but I know I learn better in person.

Yes, please. Either a workshop or more pointers on this forum. I'm mostly interested in landscape, birds, and other critters.

I enjoying both truck campering and photography. I have been a photographer for some time, mostly self-taught, but could always use a new perspective or trick. I mainly shoot landscapes and concerts but have done a few weddings, band and portrait sessions, and macro. I know quite a few places to shoot in the western states which is where we wander but would love to discover new locations, especially those out of the way places that haven't been overexposed. We are retired so have a loose schedule. I am "planning" our explorations for next year:

April: destination San Rafael Swell with planned stops along Oregon Coast, Oregon's Cascades waterfalls, Nevada ghost towns and geological wonders. Probably 3-4 weeks

May/June: Palouse, John Day Fossil Beds, Nevada ghost towns and geological wonders, more Oregon waterfalls, probably 3-4 weeks

September: western Wyoming and mountainous Idaho, Tetons, Yellowstone, a few more Nevada ghost towns. 4 weeks

October/November: southeast Utah including GSENM, Glen Canyon area, Zion for fall color, Bryce for snow. 4-5 weeks

So many places. So little time. Most locations are seasonal dependent so can't adjust those like Bryce and snow, Tetons for fall, etc.

Happy New Year and Happy trails

I'm very interested in some photography/camping trips! I like nature/landscape shots that include a human element of some sort. I agree with Wandering Sagebrush that post processing should be part of it.

Count me in...

Back
Top Bottom