XP Camper Rally FOR REAL THIS TIME!

Well I hope I am not butting in, but I am excited about going. I am going to go up to the area on Thursday and do a little fishing before.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

Darryl

Well I hope I am not butting in, but I am excited about going. I am going to go up to the area on Thursday and do a little fishing before.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

Darryl

No butts here :) Looking forward to meeting you!

A little Green Creek info.

It was beautiful coming out Monday morning. Mariposa Lilies, Mule Ears, and Wild Iris are on display. Green Creek is starting to drop in volume but still at its banks in the meadow area. It is gin clear. Be careful if you wade. The meadow area is wet. Think about mosquitoes. We were up high in the back country and the shallow still water was still freezing at night; few mosquitoes. Some on the hike out.

Starting past Dynamo Pond you will see spur roads heading to treed areas and dispersed camping along the creek. Some are difficult to see if they are occupied without driving in. The end of the road has a few summer cabins, the Green Creek Trailhead for the Hoover, and Green Creek Campground.

Here are a couple long distance shots of the area along Green Creek. One is a telephoto shot of the meadow area and dispersed camping below the campground. The other is a shot from up high looking down on Green Lake and the Green Creek drainage. Notice the impressive lateral moraines on both sides of the lower canyon.

Attachments

• West-Lk-July-2010-123-web.jpg
    West-Lk-July-2010-123-web.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 146
  • West-Lk-July-2010-130-web.jpg
    West-Lk-July-2010-130-web.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 145
A short way up the Green Creek Trail (3 or 4 miles and not much elevation gain) is Green Lake. Pretty easy flyfishing for trout up to a foot, some larger in a classic Sierra setting. No permits or registration is required for day use into the Hoover Wilderness.

Attachments

• West-Lk-July-2010-031-web.jpg
    West-Lk-July-2010-031-web.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 143
  • West-Lk-July-2010-033-web.jpg
    West-Lk-July-2010-033-web.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 145
I plan to arrive around midday on Friday. I'll stop at the Bridgeport Ranger Station for a fire permit. Look for a silver quadcab Dodge truck with Nevada plates reading NVYACHT.

I'll be on cb ch23 and frs 1.

So Craig, still no ham license...Hmmmmm
You want a current W5YI tech book and CD?? My grandson is almost ready for his Tech test. When he passes in a couple weeks, (BTW he's 11), you can have the course if you want it. Then you wont have an excuse.....

You want a current W5YI tech book and CD?? My grandson is almost ready for his Tech test. When he passes in a couple weeks, (BTW he's 11), you can have the course if you want it. Then you wont have an excuse.....

Ouch !!
I better getz busy. :)

60 hour workweeks have put me a bit behind. But thats gone, should have time to study now.

I reckon I'm the first one home from the XPCamper Rally. Fantastic event; great folks, fun times. Thank you all for letting me join in on your weekend. I'm looking forward to more events in the future.

Good way to get a nick name.....

Shush on the nickname. I'm afraid something else may be in the works :oops:

Shush on the nickname. I'm afraid something else may be in the works

Sounds like a story we need to hear. Would someone hurry up a do a trip report from this rally? You guys are killing me!

Back
Top Bottom