• 113.JPG
    113.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 172
It was a lot of fun meeting you all.
Yes; good times for sure :D

Can't wait for the next get together; cook some jummy food and drink some excellent cocktails....

Thanks for the good time until next time....

Hi All Attenders: It was great meeting you all. My wife and I had a very good time with you folks. After we left, we camped one night over at Highland Lakes (Hwy 4) on the stream below the lakes. I caught several small fish, but only kept a few.

Some of you went on to some ghost towns I think in Nevada, can you tell me about them?

We are getting ready for a two week trip and I want to go see ghost towns and fish. Old mining towns would be fun, but I am more interested in the ghost town concept. I am not sure which state would be best, maybe Nevada, Montana, or Colorado. Any comments would be most appreciated.

Again, we had a great time and I feel I made a few new friends.

Darryl

Here are a few more pics.

marc

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 098.JPG
    098.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 136
Thanks for the photos, Marc. I feel better now. Especially since I took the liberty of modifying one (hope you don't mind).

gallery_176_163_20679.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Marc. I feel better now. Especially since I took the liberty of modifying one (hope you don't mind).

gallery_176_163_20679.jpg

Ted your rig looks right at home with the rest of us, sorry u couldn't make it as I know U would of had a great time as the rest of us did.
Untill next time ...

marc

Hi All Attenders: It was great meeting you all. My wife and I had a very good time with you folks. After we left, we camped one night over at Highland Lakes (Hwy 4) on the stream below the lakes. I caught several small fish, but only kept a few.

Some of you went on to some ghost towns I think in Nevada, can you tell me about them?

We are getting ready for a two week trip and I want to go see ghost towns and fish. Old mining towns would be fun, but I am more interested in the ghost town concept. I am not sure which state would be best, maybe Nevada, Montana, or Colorado. Any comments would be most appreciated.

Again, we had a great time and I feel I made a few new friends.

Darryl

Nice meeting you as well Darryl;
The Ghost town we went to was Bodie.
There is another one called Aurora but i haven't been there yet.
Maybe Marc and Dirty Dog can chime in; they went there the back way from Bodie.
Yes. it is a lot of fun to see how America was "developed"

Nice meeting you as well Darryl;
The Ghost town we went to was Bodie.
There is another one called Aurora but i haven't been there yet.
Maybe Marc and Dirty Dog can chime in; they went there the back way from Bodie.
Yes. it is a lot of fun to see how America was "developed"

We went to aurora but all that is left is the cemetery. We also visited Silver Peak (not worth visiting), Gold Point, and solo I went to Manhattan and Belmont. Pics and full report in a few days.

Fun times

Picture048.jpg

Some pics of the rally:

Cool campsite; thanks guys

Picture050.jpg

Bodie lunch spot
Picture114.jpg

Picture069.jpg

It's a Dodge with a flatbed...

Picture094.jpg

Some other carriage

Picture098.jpg

Bodie

Picture111.jpg

Cheers

Marc

It's a Dodge with a flatbed...

Picture094.jpg

Strange that they would have a brand new Dodge sitting in the middle of Bodie!

Strange that they would have a brand new Dodge sitting in the middle of Bodie!

Your just jealous they wouldn't let your new Ford in... :LOL:

... We also visited Silver Peak (not worth visiting) ...

I drove through Silver Peak a few years ago and felt the same way. Not much interesting there. Then last night while channel surfing I heard it mentioned. I knew Silver Peak was an active mining community but didn't know what they were harvesting. Turns out Silver Peak is the largest and one of the only US sources of lithium. As in lithium-ion batteries. As in our mobile phones and other compact electronics. So Silver Peak is in fact critical to the most modern of industries.

Now I think it's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom