Yosemite area camping end March - too snowy? campsite recommendations? any other tips?

LosAngeles

Yosemite area camping end March - too snowy? campsite recommendations? any other tips?

Hi all - title say it all

We are thinking of going to Yosemite and area end of March. Camping in a 4x4 pop up truck camper that does have propane heat. (so one self contained 20’ vehicle)

I know the weather can vary a lot… and we may be limited as to where we can go, due to weather, but any general advice about that time of year?

and campsite recommendations inside or just outside Yosemite?

I know it can be next to impossible to reserve ahead a site (we have tried in the past and never get a site when the ‘window’ opens.)

but also sometimes people get lucky just showing up at campsites and seeing if there are any openings.

Thanks for any and all tips.

J.

Can't tell you about the weather but instead of fighting for campsites in the park I free camp just outside the park. Ranger game me this map, that I put on my Smugmug page. Was just a few dispersed campers in the area. https://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Memorial-Day-Weekend-Yosemite/i-sgdSXt6/A
dispersed%20camping%20rules-X2.jpg

super cool Keith - thanks!

Do you happen to remember where you camped (on that map) ?

cheers

J.

Back
Top Bottom