Yosemite Housekeeping Units: Pop-top friendly?

PacificExposure

Advanced Member
Hey y'all. Was invited to join a group that had some space at the end of May in Yosemite. They have a few housekeeping units reserved, but I'm spoiled and want to sleep in my FWC. I have written an email to the Park Service, as well as waited on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up... Anyone had experience at this campground with a pop-top?

Housekeeping tents are side by side. You walk in from the paring lot. I am sure camping is not allowed in the parking lot. Maybe you could sleep with the top down. Picture below was from my April trip to Yosemite. I stayed in the tent cabins years ago, too noisy to sleep.

IMG_1880.jpg

Those tents are Half Dome Village. Different than the Housekeeping units, where you park next to the units

housekeeping-camp.jpg

P.E.,

IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS BUT I SLEPT IN MY SUBURBAN FOR 3 NIGHTS AT HOUSEKEEPING...(before the pop-up)...

NO ONE EVER SAID A WORD....

GOOD LUCK
ACE

You will probably get called out for it.
Little parks are more likely to let minor things fly but Yosemite is more of a city and can't let as much fly. I.e. if he can do it why can't I?

Send an email. That is the best way to get a hold of them. You'll also have written proof of their reply.

My wife and I slept in our FWC at the Housekeeping Units last year and had no problems. You can cook and hang out in the unit, then when it's time for beddy bye, retire to your camper.

Back
Top Bottom