Yosemite Winter Trip

Roger

Hello,
I returned from Yosemite last week, but I don't think much as changed since then. In fact I think you may enjoy it more since the Post Christmas rush as died down.
We stayed in Upper Pines at first and we ventured to Tenaya Lake (frozen over), almost went to Bodie (I forgot is closes at 3PM in the winter) and explored Toulumne Meadows.
We also checked out Glacier Point (still open).

On the roads there is no snow and just spots of back ice, still you are going to want to take your chains.
The weather is still friendly to our little campers, as long as you have a heater and some fuel.
Some pic's to share!

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5618.JPG

IMG_5642.JPG

We heard that people were ice skating Tenaya Lake when we were in DV. Lot's of folks took advantage of 120 being open to cross the Sierra. Apparently used ice skates can't be found anywhere since there's been a run on them in this dry but cold stretch of winter.

Thanks for posting, Roger. I think we tend to forget about Yosemite during the winter months.
Nice photos.

We heard that people were ice skating Tenaya Lake when we were in DV. Lot's of folks took advantage of 120 being open to cross the Sierra. Apparently used ice skates can't be found anywhere since there's been a run on them in this dry but cold stretch of winter.

Thanks for posting, Roger. I think we tend to forget about Yosemite during the winter months.
Nice photos.

Yes, they were indeed skating on Tenaya Lake. With the first winter storm of the season bearing down on northern California I made a quick trip to the Yosemite high country while Tioga pass was still open. Strange to be hiking in Tuolumne Meadows in mid-January. Too bad I can't include sound with the photos. The growling of the ice on Tenaya was eerie. The ATC made a comfy warming hut.

Attachments

• IMG_4245_1.jpg
    IMG_4245_1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4254_2.jpg
    IMG_4254_2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4255_3.jpg
    IMG_4255_3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom