You know you're a geezer when.......................

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
This is interesting.I don't think it's a rear as claimed.

attachicon.gif
dc07d5d695f262997910c690804a9c92.jpeg

Frank
Rare? Not at all. Every year is = to the year of your birth plus your age... doh

Vic Harder said:
Rare? Not at all. Every year is = to the year of your birth plus your age... doh
Yea Vic .the article makes it sound like it is a REAR thing.
But in fact it applies to every year.
Don't know where that info started from.
Sorry I posted that false info.
But nevertheless it's interesting.

The claim 'every 1.000 years isn't true.
Frank

Hey you'se guys it is a math puzzler ... I taught middle school math/science... there are a ton of those simple math 'tricks' (like the divide by 9 rule) that make them think MAGIC ! ..... then the teaching moment (focus) brings them to "why".... making them be curious and look for patterns. Find the "rule". Solve the puzzle.

buckland said:
Hey you'se guys it is a math puzzler ... I taught middle school math/science... there are a ton of those simple math 'tricks' (like the divide by 9 rule) that make them think MAGIC ! ..... then the teaching moment (focus) brings them to "why".... making them be curious and look for patterns. Find the "rule". Solve the puzzle.
I always liked the 1= 2 division by zero trick.

..........when it boggles my mind that so many people buy vehicles the color of asphalt. There are so many idiots on the road, I want to be seen.

Got pulled over in Chico, CA one evening on my bicycle. Reason: I didn't have a light on the bike. The reason why I didn't have light is because drivers are semi-predictable when they don't know a bicycle is there. When they know a bicycle is there I'm not sure God knows what they're going to do then.
Also, with a tail-light drunks are known to follow those. The problem is that on a bicycle the rates of speed differential means that they're going to run me over. The Officer told me that I had very good points, but the law was the law and let me off with a warning. After that I would change my route whenever I saw an Officer. No good reason to put them in a bind. So in that specific case I didn't want to be seen. It was safer for me.

The rest of the time? I'll never own a silver car, those are the least seen, and that's not my goal.

.............................when, out of the blue, this pops into my head,
"As a car
My very own guiding star
A 1928 Porter
That's my Mother Dear..........."

And, where did the saying, "out of the blue" come from?

ski3pin said:
. . . And, where did the saying, "out of the blue" come from?
It's short for 'a bolt out of the blue sky' (i.e. lighting strike). Meaning: an unexpected event.

They actually have a"adult" pin badge with these #'s on it

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom