Your Choice of Flooring

WarpathEngineering

Hello Everyone!

I'm about ready to put in new floor covering and was wondering
if anyone would like to weigh in on the pros and cons of this or that
type.

Up for consideration is Linoleum, snap together laminate flooring, or carpet.
I have several boxes of what we call hog's hair, 12" glue down squares.

First layer - linoleum

I finished addressing this question this morning. I put down linoleum and a bead of silicon around all the inside seams to contain any water that may end up inside the camper and keep it away from the floor pack, then I add a layer of carpet which can be removed for cleaning, etc. for my bare feet.

flooring

Carpet is great if you can take it out and clean it. Becomes a real pain if glued in. The ultimate floor to me is the fake hardwood and then a piece of carpet that you can remove.

flooring

I put down vinyl (newer style linoleum) as a base and them bought a nice shaggy type dark carpet that I cut to fit exactly. The idea is that can then take it out after a long trip and wash it in a large machine at a coin operated laundry. I am not sure how this will work out. We got back from a long trip and I have yet to take it to the laundry. I am wondering if a smaller size rug that you can just throw in any washing machine might be better. I may cut it smaller yet.
Brian

I'm with Brian on the flooring, vinyl with removable washable carpet over. We found a 2' x about 5' bathroom runner with rubber backing that works great.

OK, I fixed the typo, so Brian got demoted from Brain to himself.

I'm with DLN. The prior owner of my camper left a dark colored bathroom carpet with rubber backing that measures 2x5. Fits great and it comes out for cleaning. I have the original vinyl flooring but may change to the fake wood laminate when I redo my floor. Just like the looks of it.

I'm with Brain on the flooring, vinyl with removable washable carpet over. We found a 2' x about 5' bathroom runner with rubber backing that works great.

now that is a cool idea. I just used a cut to fit piece of cheap carpet. it slides around a bit but is light, easy to pull out of the camper to shake out sand/dirt.

Rubber backed cut to fit sounds good!

I'm with Brain on the flooring, vinyl with removable washable carpet over. We found a 2' x about 5' bathroom runner with rubber backing that works great.
ME TOO... especially since he has been promoted to a brain. :rolleyes:

Congratulations Brian! ;)

Mike

Name...

Thanks Mike....this is a common mistake with my moniker and although I would like to think there is some other meaning than a dyslexic moment I am afraid there isn't...spellcheck won't catch those things. :(

B-r-i-a-n

Hey, I may have just hit paydirt. Was at my local Lowes Sunday
and found a piece of linolium that does a good job looking like a real wood floor....hey for $25 why not!

Hey, I may have just hit paydirt. Was at my local Lowes Sunday
and found a piece of linolium that does a good job looking like a real wood floor....hey for $25 why not!

We love pictures!

Mike

Attachments

• We-Love-Pictures.gif
    We-Love-Pictures.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 210
Jay...

I don'tknow what my brian looks like but my neck and balding head look like the cartoon. ;)

Brian...I mean Brain...I think...:confused:

Carpet is great if you can take it out and clean it. Becomes a real pain if glued in. The ultimate floor to me is the fake hardwood and then a piece of carpet that you can remove.

i went this route and love it! see thread "new floor"!

Back
Top Bottom