ZODI on Demand Showers

I need to get one of those for the outside shower. The little lever on the stock head is annoying to use.

I just bought one of those kithchen sparyers from Wallyword and it does not fit on my Zodi. I took the valve off with the red handle and it sill does not fit all the way. I did manage to secure it enough and it doesnt leak, but the water only comes out in spurts instead of a constant stream. I know this is not rocket science, but what in the hell am I doing wrong? -skeeter

I just bought one of those kithchen sparyers from Wallyword and it does not fit on my Zodi. I took the valve off with the red handle and it sill does not fit all the way. I did manage to secure it enough and it doesnt leak, but the water only comes out in spurts instead of a constant stream. I know this is not rocket science, but what in the hell am I doing wrong? -skeeter

Bummer, Skeeter. Here's a pic of how mine attaches. Hope this helps. The sprayer fit to the Zodi without any mods on my part.

Attachments

• zodi.jpg
    zodi.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 227
Bummer, Skeeter. Here's a pic of how mine attaches. Hope this helps. The sprayer fit to the Zodi without any mods on my part.

There seems to be a stack of about three brass fittings on your Zodi, HighZ, that aren't on mine. I just have a simple clamp holding the stock hose to the stock Zodi water can. And what is that? Is that an on/off valve I see there? How does the bottom fitting (the valve?) fit to the can?

Stew

There seems to be a stack of about three brass fittings on your Zodi, HighZ, that aren't on mine. I just have a simple clamp holding the stock hose to the stock Zodi water can. And what is that? Is that an on/off valve I see there? How does the bottom fitting (the valve?) fit to the can?

Stew

Yep, it's a lot of brass, alright. The fittings up to and including the red on/off valve were stock Zodi. All I did was unscrew the Zodi shower line connection (also threaded brass) and screw on the dish sprayer line, which was the same thread size. It was really that simple. All of the fittings you see are threaded, even into the can. I haven't removed the one at the can, though, so I don't know if there is a threaded sleeve in there, but I assume so.

I bought mine two years ago. Maybe Zodi has changed their design?

I wouldn't want to remove the Zodi valve. I sometimes travel with the container filled, and I don't want to find water all over the camper floor when I arrive at my destination. It would be too easy for the dish sprayer to get pressed open.

I went out and bought another brand at Home depot and the same thing, does not fit. I bought my Zodi about a year ago. I will try one more brand and see if it works. -skeeter

I went out and bought another brand at Home depot and the same thing, does not fit. I bought my Zodi about a year ago. I will try one more brand and see if it works. -skeeter

Maybe all you need is an adapter? Is your Zodi different than mine?

My Zodi is eight-years old without the on/off valve or any of the other brass fittings. For me to use the aftermarket shower head, I'd have to cut off the brass on the end of the sprayer hose and use a small hose clamp to attach it to the can.

Stew

Maybe all you need is an adapter? Is your Zodi different than mine?

It looks exactly the same, with the red handle and brass fittings. I have one more plan before I move on to another projet. I will try the one in the kitchen and see if I can get that to work.

Highz, what brand is that kitchen sprayer in the picture?
I'm thinking of getting one as everyone knows that the shower hose included with the Zodi Extreme SC Shower is pretty cheap but I want to get the same one to make sure it fits properly.

I have to agree that the Zodi Extreme is more useful than the Zodi Hot Tap Series. For one, you don't have to worry about the setting the shower tent on fire by knocking the burner over and no need to carry extra batteries as the pump is manual. It's got a great design.

Highz, what brand is that kitchen sprayer in the picture?
I'm thinking of getting one as everyone knows that the shower hose included with the Zodi Extreme SC Shower is pretty cheap but I want to get the same one to make sure it fits properly.

I have to agree that the Zodi Extreme is more useful than the Zodi Hot Tap Series. For one, you don't have to worry about the setting the shower tent on fire by knocking the burner over and no need to carry extra batteries as the pump is manual. It's got a great design.

Joel, sorry for the delay responding. The kitchen sprayer attachment was just one that I picked up at the small hardware store in Cloudcroft, NM. They only had one type (I was surprised they had any at all). I threw away the packaging, so can't tell you the brand. I can drop by the store on my next trip to town if you like, but I do believe the fittings are standardized anyway.

Here is an old Fire Extinguisher that I converted to a portable shower.Just a couple of mods and a kitchen sprayer from ACE.I do not know how much water it holds(3-4 gallons?) but there is plenty for a real nice shower.I could probably get 2 showers if I need to be stingy with the water.I pressurize it with my converted "Scott Air" tank and O2 welding regulator.One charge 60-80 psi is enough emty the entire tank.

Attachments

• phpRXEP0IPM.jpg
    phpRXEP0IPM.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 273
  • phpx9xUTCPM.jpg
    phpx9xUTCPM.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 287
  • phpdaNqL1PM.jpg
    phpdaNqL1PM.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 248
Oh boy, another project!!
This has been sitting in my yard for years.

What fittings are required?

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• DSC01095 (Large).JPG
    DSC01095 (Large).JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 171
Oh boy, another project!!
This has been sitting in my yard for years.

What fittings are required?

Thanks,
Jeff

You will need a brass fitting - 3/8" male compression(tank side)to 1/4" male Pipe thread(to the kitcken sprayer).I cut the end that sticks out on the comp. side back to the begining of threads.I replaced the tank seal and valve orings.You will need to make something to hold the valve open while in use.I use a short piece of velcro strap.The sprayer valve will hold pressure while in use.

Just enjoyed our new Zodi Extreme on a four day tour of Nevada. I added a kitchen spray hose, as suggested. The abilty to have pressurized, evev heated water in camp is fantastic. I even washed the dog with it. We found it was really nice for rinsing off after soaking in a hot spring. So I had filled the Zodo with creek water, then got bright idea to heat the unit by bringing the Zodi into the hot spring. Perfect! Fresh hot water on demand without needing a stove.

I replaced the tank seal and valve orings.

LAWNMOWERMAN

Got the fitting, however I'm having trouble finding the o-rings-especially the tank seal.
Where did you get yours?

Thanks-

Man, I love this website...I was in the market for a ZODI, read this thread and happened to have a water extinguisher laying around the house.

Don't ask me what we used to do with this fire extinguisher in my rebellious youth ;)

A quick stop at Home Depot and with the help of my portable tire inflator, I was in business!

Need to do some fine tuning as the fitting that joins the sprayer to the hose leaks a bit under pressure, but other than that this thing works great!

photosfromcamera090910710.jpg

Back
Top Bottom