A better chair: The Strongback Chair

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I've been using my REI folding camp chairs for years now and it seems they were just a piece of gear that gets used but not thought about very often. Home Skillet and I have been testing a relatively new chair on the market called the Strongback. We both share the opinion that it's a much sturdier feeling chair and edges out our old chairs in terms of comfort and stability. Where the chair really shines though is in its lower back support. I would hazard to guess that this is the only camp chair on the market with proper lower back support built in. Back support is important for me as I suffer from chronic back pain due to an old snowboarding injury from my young and stupid days (as opposed to my old and stupid days now). What else? Yes it has a beer holder and my beers back health seems to have improved as well.

So if you want some back support or just a sturdier chair in general, check out the Strong Back at their website Strongbackchair.com

gallery_2_113_165631.jpg

A good shot of K60N, Home Skillet, and Mrs. Skillet in Strongback Chairs at Soldier Meadows (photo by MarkBC):

gallery_2431_15_119416.jpg

Thks for the info. Watching the vid made my back feel better. I will try and hunt one down up here. My back is always sore after sitting in a camp chair.

This one looks like it is worth a try.

griz

This may seem like an odd request, but - could you show us a pic of the bottom and the rear....
Always looking for better camp equip.

Thanks~

DR

I sat in one at the rally. WOW it was nice!!! Now, according to the video, if it really made my belly flat I would order a dozen!!!! :D

This may seem like an odd request, but - could you show us a pic of the bottom and the rear....
Always looking for better camp equip.

Thanks~

DR

Yeah I'll get some pics soon.

Yeah I'll get some pics soon.

Could you please send him pics of your bottom and rear in a PM!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

You guys must not be musicians. If you want music around the campfire, you need chairs without arm rests. Guitars, mandolins, dobros, banjos, and arm rests just don't work. Only the fiddlers can play with this chair you recommend.

Example:

Could you please send me pics of your bottom and rear in a PM!!!!!!

Uhm...... no.
DIRTY DOG!!!!! That's not what I said!!!! Now you fix that.
Hey Silvertip47 -- Relax...it's OK...nobody's judging you. Everybody is different, and there's nothing wrong with that.
laugh.gif

I don't want to see pics of DD's bottom or rear but I would like to see a pic the chair folded up.

Be very careful what you say on this forum. Dirty Dog will change it!!!! And I thought his screen name was because Diego liked to be dirty.....NOT!!!!!

Be very careful what you say on this forum. "

Or what you say in person...ask Brett13. ;)

Could you play out of my chair? (not mine but close and hey, I didnt even know they made an ottoman, gotta get one of those).

http://www.macsports.com/Moon-Chair-Black-Corduroy-Fabric-p/rmolo-001.htm

bit the bullet today and ordered 2. i've been on the lookout for something better for a while. i'll give reviews when they arrive.

- jw

Back
Top Bottom