Bike Rack

Is this the bike rack that is an option to buy from FWC?

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/8918-custom-bike-rack/

Thanks,

That looks like the custom (one off) bike rack that was designed by Dirty Dog and he had a fabricator make it for him, if I remember correctly.

gallery_2_125_363835.jpg

Thanks Alley Kat. Would anyone have a picture of what FWC sells?

We were installing a rear wall bike rack on some of the FWC's going to Germany.

For some reason they (the Germans) really like a certain bike rack (see attached pictures below).

We started offering it here in the USA, but after actually trying to use it, we were not excited about it any longer.

:(

It just doesn't work that well on our type of campers.

Most our of customers are going with the simple hitch reciever style bike rack.

We can still install the FWC bike rack option on request, but soon we will be removing it from our available listed options.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you

Attachments

• Bike Rack Picture 1.JPG
    Bike Rack Picture 1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 230
  • Bike Rack Picture 2.JPG
    Bike Rack Picture 2.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Bike Rack Picture 3.JPG
    Bike Rack Picture 3.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Bike Rack Picture 4.JPG
    Bike Rack Picture 4.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Bike Rack Picture 5.JPG
    Bike Rack Picture 5.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 216
I got a hitch mount Yakima Swingdaddy and like it a lot. Not a huge fan of hanging by the top tube anymore due to full suspension bikes, but it is very well built and has a bottle opener!

Thanks for the replies and the pictures. Stan, what exactly are you not happy with regarding the rack?

The factory mount pictured above looks to be more of a hindrance than anything. It appears like you need to remove the bikes to access the camper door, plus, it looks like it would offset the bikes way out to the right of the camper. Best guess would be that the tires would stick out at least 2' to the right of the camper making for a wide load and I'm sure I'd be taking out my fair share of roadsigns.

5444- based upon this site and others I've snooped about, the best racks seem to be the hitch mounted, swing armed style. If a guy got inventive, I'm sure you could somehow mount up a storage rack or gas can holder of sorts to the swing arm

I use this;
http://www.bodiak.us/front-end-receiver-hitches/

And this;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hollywood-Racks-HR570-Pro-Rider-2-Bike-Hitch-Mount-Fork-Mount-Rack-1-25-inch-/140743932877#vi-content

Thanks for the input everyone. GBW- good points, I was thinking it was more of a structural issue with the camper. I never though about the door not opening and I was also thinking it would stick out on passenger side.

Chnlise- Thanks for links. I am not sure what I'll do for a rack, because I plan on towing a jeep with camper. I wish your camper shop wasn't so far away, I would love to check them out.

Alley Kat- I also must say, that is one BAD A** Camper.

Dirty Dog- I must say, that is one BAD A** Camper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom