‘79 Fleet

F33rnofish

Hello all, IMG_0934.jpg

Thanks for the add!

I purchased a 1979 Fleet.

Traveled from a tiny little town in NorCal to a tiny little town in Washington to pick it up. What a road trip and or a “turn and burn”!

It’s in decent condition but I’ve decided to restore it. I really liked the retro look but it just didn’t go with the Tundra (2011 TRD Limited Supercharged) I have it on.

So…I’ve been prepping the outside (have paint coming) and we’ve been doing so much on the inside.

I’ve removed the sink (tank and water fill line), burner/stove, and ice box.

I’m looking for more storage space and for portable replacements for what I’ve removed.

At this point we’ve painted a lot of the inside and aren’t finished. Much more to do. I’ll be cleaning and painting the canvas (inside/outside).

Cleaning and refinishing the entire outside with waterproof finish (white).

Tried to add pics but I can only add one for now. I’ll try and add more.

I may do a YouTube vlog as well but this is where we’re at right now.

Cheers!
DanielIMG_0934.jpg

Welp I did pick it up from Washington…?

The truck was purchased locally.

Would love any info.

I don’t have any info about it. I just remember seeing a fairly old FWC on a toyota truck some kayakers had at Green River Park and it had stripes like that. Since you said it was from WA and I imagine an FWC of that vintage is pretty rare, I thought it might be the same one.

Jon R said:
I don’t have any info about it. I just remember seeing a fairly old FWC on a toyota truck some kayakers had at Green River Park and it had stripes like that. Since you said it was from WA and I imagine an FWC of that vintage is pretty rare, I thought it might be the same one.
I picked it up in White Salmon, Wa so not too far away from Green River. And the guy did kayak.

Pretty cool.

Here’re more progress pics. Took the sink/faucet/tank, ice box and table out. Considering removing the propane tank box and repurposing for a cassette toilet or exterior storage, but still thinking about that. IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg

Looks like good bones on the camper, and I believe you’re going to have a beauty when you’re done. If there are tasks that need pro assistance, ATC does work on the older FWCs.

Lots of pics please!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Looks like good bones on the camper, and I believe you’re going to have a beauty when you’re done. If there are tasks that need pro assistance, ATC does work on the older FWCs.

Lots of pics please!
Thank you so much! Who’s ATC and where’re they out of? I’m in NorCal by Lodi.

All (or most) of the inside hardware will be refinished too. Handles, latches hinges, etc. whatever is painted right now will be done correctly.

Even the bed pop up legs will be refinished. Not sure how yet, but they will be.

Jon R said:
Regarding a cassette toilet, I’m a big fan so far of the portapotti plus shower tent thing. More flexibility to use inside or outside, takes up less space, cheap. I have a Thetford 345.
Me too. The GF wants something within the interior for the late night tinkles.

However a portable is good for in/exterior.

Got the canvas paint in Friday. Was busy during the weekend but got outside this afternoon on my lunch break and cleaned a couple sides of it. Then sprayed them down.

What you see is original color canvas, 2 coats and 3. I’ll be doing a 4th and maybe 5th coat.

I think I’ll need more cans (got 4) especially to do the inside.

IMG_1158.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg

MountainSufi said:
My sincere advice is to play loud rock-n-roll music whilst working on this project.
Always! My neighbors come out and have a beer with me every time! [emoji1362]

Back
Top Bottom