10 ply tire pressure

If you are changing from a P-metric to an LT-metric tire and don't want to read a lot of information go straight to page 11 of the Toyo reference that so many have pointed to. It is pretty straight forward information. Heed their warning or pay the consequences.

[SIZE=10pt]WARNING! Please note that size-for-size, LT-metric tires require higher air pressures to carry equivalent loads of P-metric tires and that any failure to adjust air pressure to achieve the [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]vehicle’s load requirements will result in tire fatigue and eventual tire failure due to excessive [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]heat build-up. Due to the higher PSI requirements of LT-metric tires they may not be suitable for replacing O.E. P-metric tires because of the ride harshness that results from higher PSI requiremen [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Spend a half hour reading this information and you will be safe and good to go! Thanks to other members who pointed me in this direction.[/SIZE]

I have a Fleet Shell on a Nissan Frontier. Switched from stock to BFG KO2s (E Rated). I messaged with BFG on their website. I gave them the truck, load and front and rear axle weights loaded. They recommended 50 psi loaded. They also reminded not to go below 20 psi.

Back
Top Bottom