1976 Cab Over Alaskan Camper .... As-Is, Mods,Damage and Fixes

Failed swamp cooler attempt ... and I thought I was so clever... and the fix elegant...

Lesson learned... Suck don"t Blow

IMG_4640.JPG

Next attempt ..... Swamp cooler panels

The little panel in the pass through window pulls cool air right across the lower bunk... Winner for sure ... stores easily and set up in a couple of minutes.
IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

Next Level ... I am experimenting with the other panels I have available.... Pulling air through the side windows does cool the air but the flow is not directed in the proper direction.... I think the best solution is going to be replacing the fixed cabover window with one I can open ... and place a swamp cooler panel there... nice and close pulling cool air right across the sleeping area

IMG_4702.JPG

Purchased a Fantastic fan second hand
The parasitic electrical draw is un-acceptable.... Way to complicated I prefer The maxxair unit I have on the main camper vent

IMG_4704.JPG

Love my portable generator ... 16 am p hours ... can run my twelve volt gadgets away from the camper...

IMG_4701.JPG

Bouldering pad above the cabover....
It has not flown away ...yet
tight fit ...but manages to shift around a bit
It has cut down on the volume of air coming in when the cabover window is open... will that equate to better gas mileage ?????
I am hopeful it will keep the cabover warmer when it is cold out ??
What happens when the thing gets soaked driving in the rain and then freezes... the boulering pad is pretty tough and not sure wether it will shed or absorb water....

IMG_5896.JPG

Superstrut Racking System....
Finally found an acceptable way to store my steps......
used existing bolts that hold the roof rack.... Reluctantly drilled 3 holes for the bottom strut
added amazon led lights to the rack... with 12v extension cord made with waterproof connectors... I can adjust and move them around to illuminate camp

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

security ... yeah but ... mostly want to make sure the doors don't fly open in transit

that extra fold in the latch makes it work better..

IMG_5906.JPG

Splay and sag in the old lady...

I have accepted that the sag is permanent ... welded in with the angle iron frame on the bottom

the previous owner said he did a lot of work to get the door to close and seal...

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

sag in cabinet

IMG_5914.JPG

siding does not line up

IMG_5910.JPG

Back
Top Bottom