1981 Fleet build/restoration

Dobba84 said:
Does anyone know what could cause the misalignment of the roof when down like this?

attachicon.gif
IMG_3313.JPG
Could be the roof or camper wall have gone out of square but I think I'd look at the front panel. The oem design works well but I think the geometry is critical for best function. Plus with the rear panel not being permanently attached at top and bottom there is less control when dropping. Wouldn't take much skew to throw out the rear over that 10.5' or so of roof length.

I have a similar panel arrangement with a rebuilt standard front and top only attached rear panel. I always check the roof fit at the rear before latching down, just in case. I haven't the problem you are showing but I can imagine that it could occur with your current set up. Others with rebuilds might chime in here.

Good luck with the rebuild !

Some small updates. Got a canvas quote from a local place in Grand Junction. $900 bucks for 10oz Sunbrella canvas with 4 windows. I would still install. The camper speaks to me and I think it would be worth it.

Replaced some hardware and made a new spring for the lower bed extension supports.

Dobba84 said:
Some small updates. Got a canvas quote from a local place in Grand Junction. $900 bucks for 10oz Sunbrella canvas with 4 windows. I would still install. The camper speaks to me and I think it would be worth it.

Replaced some hardware and made a new spring for the lower bed extension supports.
Thats a great price.. I can't remember what it cost to do it ourselves (seems it was $400 ish).. but.. it was tons of work sewing it.. If I had to do it again, and I probably will at some point on another build, I would pay someone to sew it..

I am not sure if its too late.. but we did conduit lifters and were able to put a window in the back side of the canvas, one of my favorite features for sure!

What size fitting do I need to cap off the propane line to the heater?

Dobba84 said:
What size fitting do I need to cap off the propane line to the heater?
I would love to be able to post pics without an app to manually resize the images.

Does anyone have a detailed picture of how the canvas actually attaches to the camper/roof? Is it just the trim holding it against the camper and screwed down?

Got some work done today. Replaced the corner trip and ran some 1/8” angle aluminum along the bottom sides for some reinforcement and fixed a crumpled corner of the camper with some more aluminum. She won’t win any beauty contests but she is in better shape now

IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3819.jpgIMG_3818.jpgIMG_3816.jpg

STOKED!!!!

Sold our 2010 travel trailer to a nice couple from Moab and can now fund our camper rebuild! New vinyl is next!!

IMG_3909.jpg

Picked up this 1994 northstar to flip for a song!!! Hopefully this will pay for canvas!

IMG_4044.jpg

jmnielsen said:
Have a buyer lined up for it already?
Not yet I need to fix some stuff on the exterior. I will be asking $1000 for it. Interior is mint though!

This thread would have a ton of updates but the image size regulations have made me lose interest in posting much

Dobba84 said:
This thread would have a ton of updates but the image size regulations have made me lose interest in posting much
I've never run into image size issues. Are you uploading the pics to your gallery first? Or hosting them on an internet site like SmugMug?

Back
Top Bottom