$20 Digital Thermostat

billharr

Home Depot has a Honeywell digital thermostat for $19.99 on sale. Just picked one up, needs two AAA batteries. Change the jumper and file off the bottom edge and it works great.

Bill

Therm (Small).jpg

Attachments

• Therm1 (Small).jpg
    Therm1 (Small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 234
Home Depot has a Honeywell digital thermostat for $19.99 on sale. Just picked one up, needs two AAA batteries. Change the jumper and file off the bottom edge and it works great.

Bill

View attachment 6895

I have that one in mine. Just an FYI once it gets to a certain low temp (maybe 30F or so) the temp errors out and reads "LO" or something like that. Anyways it won't turn on the heater when its in that setting which is annoying if you are trying to heat things up after sleeping with the heater off at night or such. I've thought about either installing a jumper switch or just getting a different thermostat to fix the situation. The temporary solution is to pop the face plate off and put it in your sleeping bag, shirt, whatever to heat it up a tad then put it back and it'll turn the heat on for ya.

I suspect the reason that the thermostat is reading "LO" is not because of the thermostat, but because of the battery itself. When a small battery like that gets very cold.....it don't work so great. I have experience same situation and when I warmed up the battery, it worked as expected.

Chris

I suspect the reason that the thermostat is reading "LO" is not because of the thermostat, but because of the battery itself. When a small battery like that gets very cold.....it don't work so great. I have experience same situation and when I warmed up the battery, it worked as expected.

Chris

Could be but I think in this case its actually the thermostat. The battery was brand new, it only took a minute or less to warm the thermostat back to a reading (where as batteries take a bit longer) and those same batteries are still working 6mo later.

Here are some more pics.

We have had this thermostat for over a year and have been very happy with it.

Working great.

It read 37 degreess this morning and the furnace came right on.

Guess we are lucky we don't have to worry about much freezing temps. here in Nor Cal.

Do know what it will do when it gets below the 32 degree mark ?

Attachments

• DSC03588.JPG
    DSC03588.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC03589.JPG
    DSC03589.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC03590.JPG
    DSC03590.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC03591.JPG
    DSC03591.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 181
Pods8

It could be working correctly. If you have the manual, it will say temperature below ?? will read LO.
A factory setting in the unit. Most likely will be the same way on the other end of the scale as well.

Pods8

It could be working correctly. If you have the manual, it will say temperature below ?? will read LO.
A factory setting in the unit. Most likely will be the same way on the other end of the scale as well.

Yeah I didn't think anything was wrong with it, more of an annoying design aspect that when its below that setting it won't turn on the heater. I don't mind it doesn't read that low but its silly they didn't design it to at least heat things back up!

The one stan is showing has a min temp of 45 degrees. Since I think thats quite reasonable I've never let my camper get below that to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom