2001 Hawk Value

InspectorLance

Advanced Member
I will be putting my 2001 hawk up for sale soon. Just wondering what they are going for now days. Fully loaded in good condition. Only negative is minor roof leak from roof rack.

Thanks
Lance

wow

Over 50 views and no guidance ?? any high or low values ? or make it move price ? I will be posting for sale adds when I figure out what its worth.

Thanks
Lance

I only know enough to be dangerous...

But I would agree 100% with Lawnmowerman...*fix the leak before* you advertise it. Otherwise you'll scare off a buncha folks and only draw in the ones who want to low-ball you on price because it has something (that could be major depending on it's duration) wrong with it. IMO you'll waste more time with the chuckleheads and the lookie-loos than you will fixing it and finding a good buyer.

The nada guide might be a place to start to figure out a base-price..but I can tell you from looking at craigslist that there aren't many out there in this level of pricing. Realistically...though someone may luck into a deal somewhere...I would add $1500-2000 onto this on average to get in the ballpark of what it may actually bring as prices *on the street* seem to run higher than this and this listing doesn't allow you to pick *all* of the options present on most FWC's.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-25-38-5694-0-0-0&l=1&w=25&p=38&f=5697&m=0047&y=2001&ml=F&gc=RV&gtc=TC&d=2100003455

fwiw..there's a guy on craigslist now who's looking. Check the Ventura CA listings..or type four wheel camper craigslist into the Google bar and the current ads will come up..including his.

good luck, hope that helped...

mtn-high

You could probably sell it on this forum to some sucker for twice what it's worth. Just sell it in your barn before it starts raining.
OH that would be bad karma ,forget it.All joking aside I have always rated value of product from what I see on ebay or craigslist or what I paid for it and how long I had it and shape.Hope you have a tarp on it!
Good luck and why our you selling it inspector?what next?

I will give you $ 1000 bucks for it (cash money)

Could probably drive up there this weekend and pick it up

No questions asked, "as-is", no worries about the roof leak

:)

Lets start a bidding war so he can get top dollar for it

laughs

leaks

The roof leak is really not that bad. The head liner just gets damp in a heavy rain and has the stains. The leaks are due to the Yakama roof rack install. Someone gooped sealant all around the rack rail and mounts. My original plan was to bring it to the factory and have a new roof skin installed. I believe the price was about $600

I really dont want to sell this camper, but Im selling my big F350 truck, and getting a Toyota Tacoma. I will be looking for a FWC to fit the Tacoma in the future.

Sale price, $ 3900 firm

2001 Hawk model
3 way fridge
two burner stove
Furnace
Inverter
Microwave
Tripod jacks
Sliding front window
Radio, CD player
Rubber mat over vinyl floor for easy cleaning

Lance 206-849-0079
Enumclaw Wa.

FWCsale011.jpg

FWCsale014.jpg

FWCsale019.jpg

FWCsale008.jpg

How to fix your leak

I put a thule rack on the top and from about 4 years of a case, gas, and I am sure up to 250 lbs up there it started to leak. What I had a difficult time was understanding where it was leaking from was not where it was leaking inside. The leak was traveling down the roof support leaking all the way to the front. The fix was to carefully remove the screws that held the rack on the roof, clean all silicone off and reapply. I put a generous inside each hole and around the head of the screws and put it back down. It took about 3 hours to do the whole line of screws from the very front to the back. The leak stopped no problem. What would happen is water would travel along the track like a gutter and find the hole. It would only leak when sitting, makes sense because when driving the water would not travel along the rail like a gutter.

thanks

I may spend the time peeling off all the goop the previous owner applied, if I get the time. Thanks for the tips. I think your right that it only leaks if it sits.

The goop is probably just directing the sitting water towards the leak!

Back
Top Bottom