2005 Eagle on a Harbor Freight #62647 single axle trailer

I have seen enough Horrible Fright stuff to know that I would never trust it with anything valuable for that kind of usage. Listen to those above. This site is full of knowledge and I would take heed:)

Good advice from one and all! Hey Stan thanks for detailed information on Iron Eagle trailers. I will consider them to replace of my very heavy duty wood cutting trailer, since my wood cutting days have ended. My :eek: concerns with the Harbor freight 1720= :unsure: no brakes, 12 inch wheels,made to fold in half, very narrow stance, and a load rating that seems optimistic. California law requires trailers that weigh 1,500 lbs and over to be equipped with brakes.For over 30 years I have owned a heavy duty single axle trailer purpose built for hauling firewood. 4'x8' diamond plate steel bed, 6 lug 15 inch wheels, 5k lbs. rated axle with 12 inch brakes.Trailer has 48 inch removable sides. I did not want to use this to haul my 2005 eagle because this trailer is very heavy even when empty(800+ lbs. with sides removed)! I have been researching aluminum trailers (no painting and lighter than steel) such as Silverwing SW9f trailer ($2,200)empty weight is 420 lbs. load rated 2k GVWR, Aluma trailers 2k GVWR models 520 lbs.,no brakes. Featherlite trailers 2k GVWR models,no brakes (well made but expensive).Triton trailers 2k GVWR models no brakes(well made but wide profile). I could not find any trailers rated at 2k lbs.GVWR with brakes. Upping the ante is a trailer equipped with a 3,500lbs axle which can be equipped with brakes, which also means a big increase in cost. Well I capitulate :sneaky: ! Yes I am taking heed of all the constructive input you folks have taken the time to post! The wanderthewest forum and my dear wife have convinced me that the Harbor Freight 1720 is not a very good idea for on highway and off highway hauling my 2005 FWC Eagle. In fact just the idea of mounting my 2005 FWC on a trailer is less and less appealing. Next step is to find a truck to carry my 2005 FWC Eagle,now there is another topic of discussion. Sometimes I have good ideas but most times my ideas are :rolleyes: zingers.
PS. Idea of Harbor Freight 1720 started out as a camper dolly and somehow morphed into a full on camper hauler. Thanks! :) solinski

Well, perhaps already stated, but to me it seems that putting a FWC on a trailer "is not what the slide in camper was designed for"...if out of some imperative necessity, well, then perhaps...but there are so many reasons not to trailer a FWC...better to sell it and buy a travel trailer if a trailer is what you want..

Having said that..'to each their own'...whatever floats your boat and best fits your needs! :cool:

Good luck...Phil

Back
Top Bottom