2007 FWC Hawk Norcold Orifice removal

platzi

Hi there,

I am new here. I just bought a 2007 FWC Hawk model with a Norcold 3-way fridge. The fridge is not lighting up with the spark. I do have a spark and i do have gasflow. When my wife holds the red gas button on top of the fridge down i can get a flame manually with a lighter, but as soon as she lets the button go, the flame goes out. I looked at the part where the gas comes out and it looks dirty and plugged up, so I am hoping this is the reason it is not working. So, now i am trying to take the orifice off and clean it, but a) I don't know how exactly to take it off and b ), it is really hard to access. My question, on the attached photo, which one of the Nuts am I supposed to take off? 1,2 or 3? I am guessing 1, but i can't really reach it with a wrench. Thanks for some pointers to a newbie... Cheers. Capture.JPG

Sounds like a bad thermocouple or the pilot flame is not hitting the thermocouple enough to generate the millivolts needed to keep the gas valve open.

That was the suspicion of my coworker as well. I still want to take out the Orifice and clean it out since it seems dirty.

I needed to clean the burner on my fridge about every year. The orifice is probably clean but the burner gets gunked up with carbon and corrosion. You can unhook either connection but it would be a good idea to use 2 wrenches so you don't twist the tubing. I believe there is also a screw that is difficult to get to that holds the burner assembly in.

Sometimes spiders like to make nests in the burner. You might try a pipe cleaner and try to clean it out.
Gregg

I was able to get it out and the burner was pretty plugged up. I'll put it back in tonight and see if that fixes it...

Good morning. So, I got the orifice back in. I can light up the burner manually and it stays lit now. When I try to start it from the control panel it won't fire up. I had I run for an hour when it was lit manually, but the fridge won't cool down, and the flame indicator stays on the left side of the gauge. Am I missing something?

It sounds like the igniter and thermocouple got misaligned when you put it back together. The igniter needs to close enough to the burner to create a spark above the burner and the thermocouple needs to be in the flame. Not sure why it won't cool down if you have an adequate flame.

Back
Top Bottom