2008 FWC Hawk for sale

Its more a matter of availability. I can't go down to the dealer and walk off the lot with a truck with a flatbed. I'm unlikely to be able find a used one locally.

Plus many people get a truck and only much later decide to put on a camper.

I agree its the way to go, if you can afford it. For most of us tossing a camper in the bed is the only really affordable option. Wish that weren't so. I love my camper but I'm like everyone else, I'd love more storage. I hate having everything tossed on the seats and on the floor. But I can live with it. A lot better than tenting :)

Its more a matter of availability. I can't go down to the dealer and walk off the lot with a truck with a flatbed. I'm unlikely to be able find a used one locally.

Plus many people get a truck and only much later decide to put on a camper.

I agree its the way to go, if you can afford it. For most of us tossing a camper in the bed is the only really affordable option. Wish that weren't so. I love my camper but I'm like everyone else, I'd love more storage. I hate having everything tossed on the seats and on the floor. But I can live with it. A lot better than tenting :)

Buy one without the bed from the dealer to save some money then have flatbed put on if that is what you want.

Once you have a truck with a flatbed you'd still have the option to use a slide in camper if you wanted and fit storage boxes around it. Not really a down side if you ever end up with the flatbed other than potentially being less desirable to certain segments of the resale market.

Flat beds have all the functionality of a regular pickup bed and more. You can attach walls, cargo boxes, utility racks, all kinds of accessories. The US version of the pickup is more about aesthetics than anything.

I think flatbeds look cool :cool:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 188
Wow!!! Wish I had the money. Still going to be another year or so for me. :(

Is that interior color a stock option? :cool:

No I dont think that color is an option.

here are a few more pictures of DD's camper before it left the factory a couple of years ago ...

Attachments

• P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 219
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 265
  • P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 257
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 271
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 259
It is plywood.

NO particle board.

We stopped using the particle board many many years ago.

It has a cool looking finish.

We have used it in some other campers in the past.

: )

==================================================================================

Stan is that melamine coated particle board?

Attachments

• P1010083.JPG
    P1010083.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 279
  • mobiledarkroom12.jpg
    mobiledarkroom12.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Superfreak - a.JPG
    Superfreak - a.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 305
I'm somewhat surprised it took so long. Congrats.

Agreed. So what's the word, DD? Is the buyer a WTW member or about to come one and join us on future rallies? Or shall we never see your camper again?

Back
Top Bottom