2008 Hawk what water pump switch ?

DavidGraves

Greetings all.

I need a replacement water pump switch for a 2008 Hawk factory equipped with a FLOJET 3426 on demand pump....

Don;t have enough info to do a proper search...

Even an image of your switch would be very helpful...need to order a replacement...as it was removed by PO.

Many thanks

David Graves

Id imagine any ON/OFF of similar size and style from your local parts store would work.. you could get a toggle or a rocker style.

Thanks for both excellent suggestions.

Any one able to post an IMAGE of the water pump switch in their 2006-12 Hawk ?

I have nothing but a small manual switch installed by PO. Pump works fine.

David

I'm not sure if this is helpful or just confusing but it may be worth a look....

Does this photo in a 2008 Hawk ad help?

Also...

The manual on the FWC web site for 2004 - 2009 FWC campers says:

"The Hawk, Grandby & Keystone models have a pressurized water system and an on-demand water pump. Once you have water in the fresh water tank, turn the water pump switch to the “on” position (located on the small “water / battery monitor”) on the front of the kitchen cabinets"

Does yours even have a monitor?

HOWEVER.... Now read this post from Stan in 2009 and look at the right-most photo, it appears a separate water pump switch -- not one on the monitor-- is sometimes used. In any case, that's another photo of one.

(Sorry this is so jumbled. I feel like I'm posting a bunch of random info but I thought better to post and hope for rescue than not post at all.)

(Edited 12/19 to include more specific info on the Hawk model in the quote from the manual.)

Old Crow !

That helps a lot !....so there looks to be a monitor panel and switch....

I have never owned a factory built out Hawk and the panel is missing entirely.

PO had a spate of energy to change some things...and then got old.

I know the feeling

David

Howdy

This camper had some sort of water tank monitor panel that included the switch...about three inches square near the thermostat.

I am hoping someone has the same set up and will see a OEM name on the monitor to direct my search for a new one.

Cannot find a monitor panel for freshwater tank only (no waste tanks).

Thanks again

David Graves

I believe the most common monitor panel on FWC campers is/was the KIB Electronics M1106 but I'm not sure that's the one on a 2008 Hawk. But that at least gives me a place to start.

I spoke with KIB tech support some time ago and learned the M1106 model number isn't shown in their catalog or online as it's custom-built for FWC (including their logo).

I tried the FWC Parts phone numbers today and nobody happened to be there so I tried KIB tech support hoping to find a substitute.

Unfortunately, the tech support guy said there's no substitution list and it's not just a matter of getting another M-series panel as there can be different printed circuit boards for different configurations. That's likely true as there are multiple tank types and sizes and RV builders make choices to have a panel that reflects their setup. Four Wheel Campers wouldn't want a switch on theirs for a gray-water or black-water tank, for instance.

FWC is probably your best bet. It may also be possible that another KIB one works but I wouldn't think the price difference (if there is one) would be worth the risk.

You might also try All Terrain Campers as I see an interesting and good-looking monitor in the far-right photo in this ATC post. I'm guessing it's made by Ventline but as far as I can tell you won't find that either. Best to talk to ATC if that one interests you (and be sure to tell them why you need it).

The other thing to consider is whether you need a monitor panel at all. The tank and battery monitors aren't very accurate and the water pump switch is just a switch.

If you decide you want a monitor panel, be sure to see if the water tank's wiring loom is still there so you have that info when you talk to FWC and/or ATC.

Here is a picture of the monitor panel on my '06. This is not the original panel but a plug in replacement from the original manufacturer with 3 additional tank monitors. These are available on Amazon, E-Bay and RV shops. If your water tank doesn't have the sensors, resistor pack and wiring it would be much simpler to just add a switch for your pump.

IMG_0056.JPG

camelracer said:
Here is a picture of the monitor panel on my '06. This is not the original panel but a plug in replacement from the original manufacturer with 3 additional tank monitors. These are available on Amazon, E-Bay and RV shops. If your water tank doesn't have the sensors, resistor pack and wiring it would be much simpler to just add a switch for your pump.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0056.JPG
Ahh- very interesting. Thanks, camelracer, that's very helpful.

I found your 2011 post where you said you had contacted FWC about your original JRV monitor panel and learned they no longer stock replacements so that's why you went with the multi-tank one. Your camper is a 2006 Grandby and David's is a 2008 Hawk so I looked for more photos of monitor panels on a 2008 Hawk.

I believe this post shows a JRV monitor panel on leadsled9's 2008 Hawk. The photo's a bit confusing as it has an aftermarket digital voltage display adhered to the front. We don't see a manufacturer logo on the monitor panel but in general appearance it looks (to me, anyway) like a JRV one. My guess is FWC went with JRV in the early 2000s until moving to the KIB one in 2010 (I think I see a KIB one in this post of a 2010 Hawk).

That suggests David's panel probably wasn't the KIB one but rather the earlier JRV one. Unfortunately, those (the one-tank-and-battery version) aren't easy to find online either.

Assuming for the moment that that may be the case, I called JRV Products in Santa Clara yesterday afternoon and explained the situation. I spoke with owner Mary O'Brien. She was an absolute delight to talk to. She told me they still make the one-tank (+battery) monitor panel.

As I understand it, the current models have black or gray faces. She said they had made them with a white face until 2009 but then updated the product line that year. She thought she might still have a few of the white-faced ones around but those would be the older ones. I didn't pursue that any further.

So the bottom line at this point appears to be you can order a black (or gray, I assume) one-tank+battery one from JRV Products (714-259-9772) for $57.88 plus shipping and that will include the wiring loom and detailed installation and wiring instructions.

PS- Given the 2011 post said FWC wasn't stocking replacements or parts for the JRV monitor panel, I sent an email to FWC Parts yesterday to ask what they're recommending. If I get a response, I'll edit this post. If anyone else has their answer to that question, please post or PM me.

PPS- I also sent a photo of the 2008 one to Mary at JRV this morning, hopefully to confirm this info.

Old Crow - That panel with the voltage meter is the probably reason I have the 4 tank panel. I tried that mod and screwed up the circuit board. FWC no longer stocked a replacement so I found the 4 tank on e-bay which was a simple plug in. I could have switched the FWC face plate but saw no need.

It's easier to find the multi-tank panels because there's more demand for them in motor homes with holding tanks. The only difference is the face plate and extra LEDs on the circuit board.

Jeezy Peezy guys...thanks for all the help!

I have finally found JRV 8932 on the back of the face plate still attached to the cabinet.

I am just trying to make it look as original as possible.

Merry Christmas to you both.

David Graves

Back
Top Bottom