2008 tacoma build up #3access cab storage

lqhikers

2008 tacoma 4x4 access cab .this was one of the reasons we bought a access cab.wanted to have engle frig out of camper,took up to much space,also wanted to move kitchen items out of camper as we do 90 percent of food prep outside and it is a pain to move everything outside each time.removed rear seats and rear wall panel,removed plastic storage boxes and found with them removed it gave at least 20 percent more storage room.frame is 1/2"steel angle with mounting brackets welded on to use orig. seat mounting points,bottom base is two piece that rest on frame and lift out for access to storage area,carpeted with nylon straps attached to use as tie down points. back panel is 1/2"plywood carpet covered mounted at 4 points,also with nylon tie down points.i will be adding a power point (12v)to supply frig. and air compressor which will be mounted under base

Attachments

• DSCF0575 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0575 (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 763
  • DSCF0578 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0578 (Small).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 828
  • DSCF0580 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0580 (Small).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 863
  • DSCF0586 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0586 (Small).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 867
  • DSCF0584 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0584 (Small).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 825
Very nice system. Nice fabbing skills too.

An excellent use of space with plenty of room left for an inverter, auxillary fuse block, fire extinguisher tie down, etc. Will that leave you enough room to fully open the lid on the fridge?

All these mod photos....but have I missed a photo of your new truck?

kcowyo photo?

truck is setting on blocks while working on new mods,fwc is still on 2002 thought i would wait till i finish some more mods (gas can racks,propane,rack etc.) and get fwc mounted!might have to put off some mods as wife is wanting to go camping with her new truck!drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Back
Top Bottom