2009 Eagle swap out to a fan

Greeneggsslc

Good day everyone. I have a 2009 Eagle that I'm pretty sure is prewired for a fan. We just replaced the wiring to the lights and there was 4 wires up behind the front panel. I'm guessing the other two go to a fan. Can anyone confirm this? If so we have a vent already. which we pulled out (with out messing with the roof seals) to see if we could see any wiring, but we couldn't. So I'm a bit confused and hope someone knows what I'm talking about. If those wires are for a fan then does anyone know how to locate them with out messing with the outer most part of the vent that has a beautiful seal that doesn't leak.

Should be pre-wiring tucked up in there somewhere.

We have been pre-wiring for roof vents fans since the 1990's.

Like Vic mentioned, remove the beauty ring (square trim piece) around the roof vent inside the camper and look around for 2 wires coiled up.

I replaced a non-fan vent with a motorized one and the wires were right there, once the inside trim was removed. No need to remove the outside part of the vent, just installed the motorized assembly in it..

The wire colors were reversed between the camper and the fan. I believe the ground was black in the camper and white on the fan. Or vise-versa. Probably wouldn't hurt the fan, if it's not the kind with any electronics, but the IN-OUT switch would work backwards.

I seem to remember having to cut away a little bit of the plastic of the trim ring to create a place for the wires to enter. Also, had to cut and re-splice the wire to the switch which turns the fan off when the vent lid is closed. All very easy and obvious.

- Bernard

Back
Top Bottom