2010 Chevrolet 8 foot bed dimention details

John D

In checking to see of my old camper will fit the new Chevrolet trucks, I took some measurements. We know about the new brace GM installed in the new design starting in 2007. This brace prevents 60 inch wide campers from sliding in. If the brace were gone, the bed sides are still one inch higher than the were formerly. I thought others might be interested in these measurements and I hope there will be comments. John D

Attachments

• 8 foot 2010 Chevrolet bed dimentions.JPG
    8 foot 2010 Chevrolet bed dimentions.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 206
i would think that those braces would cause damage over time. i know my hawk moves around a bit, long washboards, rough rutted roads, etc.
all of the contact areas in the ford bed are flat. 60.5 inches at the base...but not with rounded braces.
my hawk measures 58 inches.
tight spot.

thats a stout bulge in that picture.

I have a friend that had the braces cut out and new pieces of metal added to form a 90 degree angle instead of the rounded brace. He carries a large slide in Lance camper, the dealer if you can believe this said it would be OK to carry camper not fully seated to bed floor ! What a joke ! After a bodyshop made the mod to the bed, the camper fit and rode normal in the box. What was GM thinking when they designed this new style bed? Not about the use by their customers !!

Back
Top Bottom