2010 tacoma suspension upgrade

grace

I have a new Tacoma with less than 8,000 miles. What upgrades do I need before I pick up my new Eagle in the Spring? I'm not an off road enthusiast but will be driving cross country and back home to Alaska. Also, I'm concerned about voiding my warranty. Thanks! New member Grace

I have a new Tacoma with less than 8,000 miles. What upgrades do I need before I pick up my new Eagle in the Spring? I'm not an off road enthusiast but will be driving cross country and back home to Alaska. Also, I'm concerned about voiding my warranty. Thanks! New member Grace

Hi Grace and welcome to the crazy house - er- WtW.

There are many threads on this site about Tacoma suspension upgrades. Try the search feature near the top of the page. At a minimum, for the driving you are planning on, you'll want D or E rated tires and either suspension air bags, or SuperSprings or a beefed up leaf spring pack. Again, search the site to see what others have done.

On my Ford Ranger with an Eagle, I have E rated tires and SuperSprings. So far, that has been enough for the USFS roads I drive on. It wouldn't be enough for serious off-roading.

Welcome,

Do you plan on leaving the camper on all the time or will you be pulling it off and using the Tacoma as a daily driver as well?

Take a look at the upgrades I did on my 01 Tacoma

Happy Holidays,

Cort

Timbrens are a great product.

I just installed a set this last summer and I am a huge fan of them now. BTW, I also have a full Old Man Emu set on the Tacoma.

I had Toyota put on the heavier springs (TS:cool: and I have airbags on the Tacoma. With the Bobcat on the truck I run about 20# in the bags versus 50# when I still had the lighter springs. I am happy with the set up and it is good for the forest service roads I travel. I travel light and don't get into extreme 4 wheeling. You should look at Cort's upgrades to see a pretty well thought out approach that should be good for more serious work.

I have a 2009 trd tacoma w/ ride right airbags. On it is a 2009 eagle. we are weight concious on trips. the airbags seem to do the job. stock tires are 6 ply- soon i will upgrade to 10 ply. the eagle is on april - october running 50 lbs. in the airbags. the rest of the time the eagle stays inside and i run 10 lbs. the ride is still pretty good. i am happy with the bilsteins that came with the rig. we mostly stay on pavement, but occasionally head onto gravel. i'd be intersted in a suspension upgrade, but for now what we have works. i'd like to stay w/ the tacoma, but if i got more serious about off pavement, i would upgrade to 3/4 or full ton rig.

Thanks for all the info from everyone! My tacoma is not the TRD, but is 4wd. At this point I will start with the air bags and the E rated tires and see how the truck handles. However, I won't hesitate to change shocks if it seems necessary. Also, the camper will be on and off the truck when we return to Alaska. thanks again for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom