2011 ATC Bobcat Solar Prewire

Rob in MT

I have a 2011 Bobcat that I had prewired for solar.

Now that I want to add solar I'm a bit (lot) confused as to where to begin. From what I've read here, the wire is 10 awg, and the wire runs from the battery box to the roof, one wire.

I see that the solar panels have two wire inputs (+.-), and the controllers have two inputs (+,-). So how do I connect one wire to two inputs?

In the MC4 connector discussion there is a link to a solar entry box. How would I connect one wire to that?

Thanks for your help.

Rob in MT said:
I have a 2011 Bobcat that I had prewired for solar.

Now that I want to add solar I'm a bit (lot) confused as to where to begin. From what I've read here, the wire is 10 awg, and the wire runs from the battery box to the roof, one wire.

I see that the solar panels have two wire inputs (+.-), and the controllers have two inputs (+,-). So how do I connect one wire to two inputs?

In the MC4 connector discussion there is a link to a solar entry box. How would I connect one wire to that?

Thanks for your help.
The "one" wire is the positive and you would connect the negative for the controller to the "camper" ground.
I am pretty sure that is the way Marty does it. Call them,they will give/answer all your questions.
When they built my 09 Bobcat I had them run the solar panel wire under the bed area so that I might have a "slide" out panel between the truck cab and camper overhang.
I later decided to just go with roof panels on the rear,so I ran the wires through the roof and forward to the battery "box".
2 wires +/- all the way from the panels to the solar controller.
Good luck.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom