2014 F150 -- with 83 Fleet.. Do I need mods?

BBZ

I am a new owner to a 83 Fleet. It is gutted and therefore most likely pretty light (any guesses? no stove, furnace, sink, cabinets, ice chest etc).

I took it on its first trip over thanksgiving and didn't feel over loaded, however, wondering if I should do some suspension adjustment? I have a payload of 1700..

Suggestions? I would prefer something removable as I use my truck for work so the camper is only on for trips and its already a stiff ride. Are Air shocks something to consider as they can be adjusted?

Thanks in Advance!

Hello BBZ
Welcome to the WtW forum.
If you have a trip under your belt, I would recommend next time go get weight of your setup. Do you have proper tires yet?
I'm not a big fan of air shocks, I think some use air bags to help the suspension when carrying the load then can be re set for empty. Helps with the ride.
Just spitballing here but let's say your camper weighs between 800-900 lbs. that leaves quite a bit for gear. Weighing you rig with all your gear will give you the total weight which is the numbe I would want to know.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom