2014 Toyota Tundra

http://wot.motortrend.com/2014-toyota-tundra-spied-official-reveal-at-chicago-auto-show-321975.html#axzz2JhYupWxU

2014-Toyota-Tundra-front-view-623x389.jpg

The new name styling.

TundraPreview001.jpg

Looks sleek! I'm interested in what they've done payload wise and hope they're closer to a bigger rig. I know it won't be a 3/4 ton but am super psyched

I can see from the picture right now, it is still the mini diff with non floating rear axles. Even if the payload is claimed to be increased, you're still loading up a truck without a full floating rear axle....ouch...

And what's up with the short bed? :( I don't know why anyone would want a truck with a bed shorter than 6'.. even that is on the short side.

it will be interesting to see what the access cab looks like with the six foot bed- the big disapointment for us toyota fans is the truck is mostly a cosmetic upgrade- the engines and drivetrain / brakes all seem to be the same as a 2012 unit- i like the new look but really they should have done some improvement under the hood- it will be exciting to see one with a new FWC !!!

the big disapointment for us toyota fans is the truck is mostly a cosmetic upgrade- the engines and drivetrain / brakes all seem to be the same as a 2012 unit-

x2 sigh

The key improvement I'm watching for is a larger gas tank. Our 2011 gets about 13 mpg with the camper. With a 26 gallon tank, that is just over 300 miles for a range. Under the truck looks like there is a lot of room to put a larger tank. It bugs me this hasn't been done. Oh well.

The key improvement I'm watching for is a larger gas tank. Our 2011 gets about 13 mpg with the camper. With a 26 gallon tank, that is just over 300 miles for a range. Under the truck looks like there is a lot of room to put a larger tank. It bugs me this hasn't been done. Oh well.

Ted, I think the only hope you have for greater range is to go diesel. With the ATC on my Cummins, I get easy 17, usually 18 mpg x 34 gallon tank = 578 miles of range. There are diesels to hit the 1/2 ton trucks soon. Dodge 1500 is coming this year with a VM diesel and I've read something about up to 28 mpg, let's say 24 with a camper. Nissan's not very popular Titan is likely within a year with a Cummins 4 cylinder. Either one of these, with some luck to include a manual trans will be a game-changer!

There have already been threads about which truck manufacturers are best and gas vs diesel so no need to go there. I prefer to stick with Toyota, thanks. I just wish they would put in a larger tank.

There have already been threads about which truck manufacturers are best and gas vs diesel so no need to go there. I prefer to stick with Toyota, thanks. I just wish they would put in a larger tank.

Or a diesel would be nice as well. A diesel and a bigger tank would be amazing!

Toyota coming out with a heavy duty truck and a diesel option would be ideal to many people and cut into the other manafacturer's sales numbers. But I'd still get a gasser. I just can't get over the noise and smell of diesels.

....But I'd still get a gasser. I just can't get over the noise and smell of diesels.

Don't think the new ones are loud or stinky but the higher cost of fuel, maintenance, new emissions issues and initial purchase price killed it for me.

Almost went with the Dmax, loved the power but.....very happy with the gasser.
Now if I was dragging around a heavy, real HEAVY load it might be a different story.

Or you could just buy the Ford f150 that comes standard with a 36 gallon tank, over 500 mile range. And then you dont have to pay the same price for a gallon of diesel as for premium.

I'm with Ted and Rotti. I have no need for a diesel. I won't argue they have much more power but I don't pull real heavy stuff. When I bought my F250 over two years ago there were two identical trucks, one gas, one diesel. The diesel was $8000.00 more!!! That buys a lot of gas!!! And my truck just turned 15k so I will never wear it out in my lifetime!!!

Sorry, back to Toyota~!~!!

Yesturday I test drove a 2014 double cab, 5.7 ,standard bed, 4x4, limited. Guess I was hoping for more from Toyota. I came away perfurring my 1st Gen. I liked the 5.7 and the rest of the mechanicals on the newer 2 and 3 gen rigs but once again the rest of the truck did nothing for me. Just saying.

soughdough said:
Yesturday I test drove a 2014 double cab, 5.7 ,standard bed, 4x4, limited. Guess I was hoping for more from Toyota. I came away perfurring my 1st Gen. I liked the 5.7 and the rest of the mechanicals on the newer rigs but once again the rest of the truck did nothing for me. Just saying.
I am not even in the market for a new truck.I don't use the one I have except for camping,so can't see plunking out mucho $$$$$$$ for a new one.I agree the 1st gen Tundras seem to be very popular.I see lots around and if we took a pole on the site here would find a lot of owners.
My 1st gen is used to me but I am very pleased with the whole truck.
I parked along side a newer taco 4 door Sport and it was the same length and overall size as my AC cab.
Don't like how LARGE all the new trucks have gotten.Just my personal preference.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom