2014 Toyota Tundra

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I am not even in the market for a new truck.I don't use the one I have except for camping,so can't see plunking out mucho $$$$$$$ for a new one.I agree the 1st gen Tundras seem to be very popular.I see lots around and if we took a pole on the site here would find a lot of owners.
My 1st gen is used to me but I am very pleased with the whole truck.
I parked along side a newer taco 4 door Sport and it was the same length and overall size as my AC cab.
Don't like how LARGE all the new trucks have gotten.Just my personal preference.
Frank
What he said. I have a 2005 Tundra, when I bought it I also looked at the then new 4 door Tacoma. Just about the same size as my AC Tundra. The V8 sealed the deal for me, I love my first generation Tundra. The new trucks are just too big for me.

Bill

Ted said:
The key improvement I'm watching for is a larger gas tank. Our 2011 gets about 13 mpg with the camper. With a 26 gallon tank, that is just over 300 miles for a range. Under the truck looks like there is a lot of room to put a larger tank. It bugs me this hasn't been done. Oh well.
I get about the same with the Taco. The is an auxilary fuel tank, which increases the load by 10 gallons. It's about a $1000.00 though. Ouch.
A customer of mine has an 2011? Taco with a Diesel engine. He gets about 30mpg..

There is an aftermarket gas tank for the new Tundras that is made Chico, CA. Like the one for the Taco that Marc mentioned - high $.

Marc, your customer with the diesel Taco. Is that registered in the U.S., or is he just passing through? Sure would be nice to get a diesel Hilux stateside.

Back
Top Bottom