2017 ATC Get Together (Everyone is Welcome) July 27-30

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
it's July 27-30 at the BLM Virgin Valley Campground near Denio, NV

Is there any interest in a late spring, early summer informal ATC Get Together? I'm thinking something simple, non hosted, where folks could rendevous, then come and go as individual schedules allow. For location, I'm of the opinion that Southern Oregon, Northern California or Nevada would be good areas to consider. Virgin Valley CG (free) in the Sheldon Antelope Refuge is kind of an interesting place. Near the Steens/Malheur, Alvord desert, Pine Forest Mts, Hart Mt.

While I said ATC, other campers are very welcome.

Thoughts?

Edit...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attendees
----------------------------------------------------------
Wandering Sagebrush - Yes
kmcintyre - Maybe
Smoke/Bob - Should be
Marc - Strong Maybe
K6ON - Yes
Marty - Yes

I'd be in for a dollar, to save a dime!
Perhaps near Benton Crossing, or out in the Mono/Craters?
Or, perhaps in Panamints? Or, even the Trona Pinnacles!

We would be interested depending on time and place. It does get warm in that time frame in the desert unless we hit higher altitudes. I like the Hart Mt. area, also, Alvord, Steens Mt. and that entire Upper Basin area. Black Rock? Eastern Sierra?

CougarCouple said:
The higher elevations sound cooler for sleeping, but I guess that will depend on the location. Is this the Pine forest location you were referring to?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Forest_Range
Russ
Russ, that is it indeed. There is some great trout fishing there. Knott and Onion Valley reservoirs have some big fish. There's one lake in the wilderness area where I caught four different trout species. If we stay at Virgin Valley CG, there's a warm pool and shower house. Kind of a treat after a week or so in the desert. Duferrena ponds have warm water species, too.

Exploring back in the Sheldon can be interesting, too. Gooch and Batdger camps are at good elevation. Feral horses, pronghorns, good bird life, not to mention genuine opal mines.

Would love to see this happen. We are using all of our vacation time this year for road trips in the new camper/truck combo.
Really like the Alvord desert idea, but anywhere remote and interesting is good for us. Dog friendly would be a plus as well.
w

That sounds like fun. I'm assuming our FWC brothers would also be welcome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Wander The West mobile app

GroovyDad said:
Not an issue as far as I'm concerned. Smokecreek said Bob wanted to see the Steens again.

GroovyDad said:

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Not an issue as far as I'm concerned. Smokecreek said Bob wanted to see the Steens again.
Would be nice if you would change the thread title to WTW Get Together from ATC Get Together.

Back
Top Bottom