2017 ATC Get Together (Everyone is Welcome) July 27-30

So Steve you have a count yet of those going? For starters,Three of of us (Marty, Bob and me/my Bob) plan to be up at the Virgin Springs CG/general area by Wednesday. Weather looks fair/cloudy with moderate temps and chances of T-stormns/fire weather with red flag warning up until Wednesday. Will post weather report again before I leave but I understand you plan to be fishing up in the Steens then, so maybe you could give a on-the spot up to date forecast? Got to go scrape/paint over the mosquito remains off of my pop-ups ceiling now; lot's of those buggers and few no-see-ums invaded my camper while I was up at the Devils Garden on the Modoc last week.

Smoke

Unfortunately I'm out. Still working on the water heater install. Y'all have fun, gunna miss not making this one.
Russ &Syma

T-storms, heavy rain, hot and windy, and lightning up here. Did I mention both a red flag warning and flash flood warnings. Clear with temps in the 80's by Thursday and a hot week end ahead. Hey we have fun, heading up on Wednesday, see ya up at the Sheldon!

Smoke

Hey all - unfortunately I just got back from a trip and currently working on a few home maintenance projects. Have a great gathering!! If you happen to drive out towards Gerlach check out High Rock Canyon just past Soldier Meadows Hot Springs. The Applegate Wagon Trail is up there and you'll probably see bighorn sheep, pronghorns, golden eagles, traces of emigrants passing through,etc.

I'm back from the desert and wanted to say thanks to all who attended the Get Together at Virgin Valley. It was hot and dusty, but I had a great time and hopefully, everyone else did as well!

Our attendees were: Marty, with his friend Delvin and Delvin's son 'D'
Smokecreek and Bob (the border collie)
Bob (K6ON), our birthday boy
Grant from British Columbia
Craig333 and Riley (the lab)
The Ski3Pins
Fritz the Wonder Dog (and me)

A special thanks to Delvin, who not only donated a lot of beef for the meals, but was a chef extraordinaire. Pretty good groceries!!! Another thanks to Marty for the great campers, and who kept a couple from Belgium on the road by fixing the refrigerator in their rented van.

I am sure that there will be some trip reports coming. Hopefully, they will inspire a few more folks to attend the next one.

Steve

Here's a few from a site near the Virgin Valley

The old barn and corral

36302740745_fe6f51c5c1_b.jpg

Woven Willow
35468031084_62e4df7aaa_b.jpg

The Lady of the Rock
36136455452_f7f0afec68_b.jpg

In the Service of Our Nation

35484458054_ec0105288f_b.jpg

Sergeant Edward Cantrell and Private Lewis Debold served and died of illness at Camp Warner, Oregon. Their graves in the Blue Sky region of Hart Mountain National Antelope Reserve are often visited and not forgotten. I suspect these men are veterans of the civil war.

Back
Top Bottom