2017 f-350 service body-warrenty

kpredator

hello
was considering having a service body built by aluma-line for my rig.
but was wondering if anyone has heard of ford voiding warranty over the bed change.
thanks
kp

I have a '17 F350 w/utility bed and didn't have a problem with the warranty. That said it's probably worth a couple of calls because my bed is steel, I also ordered my truck and had it shipped straight to the utility body company before I picked it up at the dealer.

Good luck!

thanks for the reply dog
what service body did you go with,whats the weight?
kevin

kpredator said:
thanks for the reply dog
what service body did you go with,whats the weight?
kevin
kpredator said:
hello
was considering having a service body built by aluma-line for my rig.
but was wondering if anyone has heard of ford voiding warranty over the bed change.
thanks
kp
I doubt you will have any warranty issues, unless the installer were to do something that impacted some other "system" on the truck. F350's are available with a "pickup box delete" option, intended for this very purpose. I have a 2017 F350 with the standard pickup bed. I am currently building an aluminum flatbed, which I will be installing. It's turned into quite a project, but I'm happy with it so far. Should be really interesting when I get to removing the pickup bed, and installing the flatbed.

I went with Skaug for the utility bed. They're in southern California. Prices seemed the same at the places I looked, and Alaskan Campers said Skaugs fit their campers the best, so I went with them.

My memory is swiss cheese and for the life of me can't remember the weight of the bed. Somewhere around here is a piece of paper where I subtracted the weight of the original bed that was getting removed and added the utility bed weight. That said I know my rig is within specs because I drove everyone crazy insisting on the exact numbers. The Ford dealership in particular.

Back
Top Bottom