2017 Family Christmas to Barcelona,Spain

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Our Christmas trip to visit our daughter in Barcelona. Mostly people/food/family/old buildings and more food. Barcelona is a great place to visit.We are lucky our oldest lives there and we visit often.It's almost a second home to us.

When there we feel like we live there,enjoying all the great things the city has to offer.

Hope you enjoy our trip and may it inspire some to make the trip.There are 3 "wildlife" photos,
no camping ones,although at times it seems like we are camping.Not complaining though.

Barcelona Holidays Dec 2016,Jan 2017

Enjoy and Happy New Year, Frank and family

Frank, great culinary tour of the city. Nice looking family, too! Never seen Casa Batilo looking like that- interesting decorations. Barcelona is one of the great cities of the world. Thanks for bringing back some good memories. -Al

No kidding, great pictures of food! And the history is amazing, what a trip that would be, I can only imagine, and enjoy your TR. Thanks a lot!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Steve most of the food we enjoy there is simple to make. What would like to have?
Frank
Frank, no need to bring anything back, the internet can help me out. The paella looked like it was to die for!!!

Thanks! Daughter is applying to colleges and universities and Barcelona is on the list for their Linguistics program, maybe these will help to sway her. Edinburgh is the top of her list right now.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Frank, no need to bring anything back, the internet can help me out. The paella looked like it was to die for!!!
Steve that was made just for us at a restaurant that my daughter is friends with.Just a 1/2 block from her house.
We have enjoyed paella in many areas of Spain but this was the best ever.
There are some great Spanish cook books out there,I'll get you some names.
Frank

Cayuse said:
Thanks! Daughter is applying to colleges and universities and Barcelona is on the list for their Linguistics program, maybe these will help to sway her. Edinburgh is the top of her list right now.
Our daughter went to the University of Barcelona in her junior year from UC Santa Cruz,also studied Linguistics.
After she came home for her senior year she went back and got work teaching English to the Spanish.
Now she has her own business translating for companies/hotels/restaurants.Works from home and loves it.
She has been there almost 20 years.
If your daughter goes to school there she just might stay.
It's a great place to live and work.
Frank

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Thank you! I'm going to learn how to cook paella :) .
It's really not that hard.Just get the right rice and all the ingredients you want.
Then enjoy some yummy food. Top it off with a nice Tempranillo and your "new" bride will love it.
Frank

Spaniards love their paella! Frank, if I may add to the paella discussion, here's a couple of pics from a visit to see my sister who lives outside of Bacelona. So good!

The town's summer festival includes a community paella feast. The pan is mounted on rail tracks so it can be moved over the fire:

IMG_2725.JPG

Here's the backyard version. Traditionally cooked over a fire, my sister has a special gas-fired setup:

_DSC0039.JPG

Thanks Al.Yes the Spanish do like their paella,it's almost the national food after jamon.
Sharon makes a great "rice" here. After so many years of tasting it all over Spain we have learned some of the tricks.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom