2017 Tundra Limited with 2011 Hawk - the trip home

Looks awesome Ron! We ultimately want a light trailer rig like yours to haul my ADV bike. Did you have airbags installed or did you upgrade your suspension? I just went with Ride-Rite airbags and I'm still running to OEM tires until we start camping and going off pavement. Do you have E rated tires? I like your receiver mounted step! Steve.

I am in serious need of a ADV bike upgrade.

img_160614_0_599a8ee4b54f59e05d9ba3e936535704.jpg

I have the ride rites on mine. At first I was not happy with the RR they were always needing air. Then I was talking to a guy that installs them and he said the lines were not cut straight. I changed that and all is good.

I have E rated times for summer that are the Michelin E rated tires. I have another set of D rated tires for winter. They are Buckshot mudders or something like that.
The upgraded tires and the big thing. I use only 20 pounds in the air bags on my truck with the trailer. No trailer I run about 15 and it works well.

Wow, when I first installed my Hawk I put in about 45 lbs on the driver side and probably 35 lbs on the passenger side to bring the ride height back to what it was empty. Is original ride height what I am going for or something less?

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

Add me to the list of those who keep their airbags low. I'm at stock height with around 30psi

www.mulehawk.com

MuleHawk said:
Add me to the list of those who keep their airbags low. I'm at stock height with around 30psi

www.mulehawk.com

Ditto....each rig is of course different, but with a '16 hawk on a '05 Tundra AC...I have about [temp] 32 psi in left Firestone bag and 27 psi in right air bag...left side of side dinette Hawk is heavier [all appliances, water tank and 26 gal fuel tank]...this translates into a max front and rear fender opening height of 35-35 1/4 " = level.

Phil

Dang it...This winter cabin fever is going to cause me to measure my wheel wells and report back...And I'm not kidding!

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom