2024 F250 Torque-lift rear tiedown??????????

maxcustody

Hello, been a while since I have been on here............................

We still have our Hallmark and love it. We just got a new 2024 F250 and there is no way the rear torque-lift tiedowns will slide into the receiver with the additional plate on there. Can I install them without the additional plate and then bolt them up per the instructions? Are there any issues or concerns you guys have seen or heard?

Thanks, Scott

Scott, are you using their frame mounted tie downs, or the style that fit into the TorkLift Super Hitch receiver? The plate on the 2023 comes off, and the mount slips inside the receiver bar. I can provide a better detailed photo if needed. IMG_4516.jpeg

Also, if you’re installing airbags, you may want to go with the Airlift bags. Two installers here in NE Oregon advised me not to use the Firestone bags.

Scott, are you using their frame mounted tie downs, or the style that fit into the TorkLift Super Hitch receiver? The plate on the 2023 comes off, and the mount slips inside the receiver bar. I can provide a better detailed photo if needed.View attachment 66921

Also, if you’re installing airbags, you may want to go with the Airlift bags. Two installers here in NE Oregon advised me not to use the Firestone bags.
It is the stock receiver and the torque lift slides into the open receiver end on each side of the truck. Exactly like the 2014 I had. However, it is too tight for them to slide into the receiver with the extra plate you are supposed to bolt on. Extra plate circled.

I had airbags on the old truck, however, the new one has the 1-ton upgraded suspension. I don't plan on adding bags to this one.

extra plate.jpeg
receiver.jpeg

I was lazy and had mine installed (an hour of shop time was easier), but suspect Wayne didn’t add the extra plate if there was a fit issue. I’d give TorkLift a call and ask them if the extra plate is an actual requirement.

Edit: hold the phone. I just looked at my take off/unused box. The extra plate was not used on my truck. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom