4 Runner and Casita - new adventures!

pvstoy

Hi all,

Here is a couple of pictures of what I’ve been working on getting.

Sold off the ’97 Toyota 4 Runner and bought this 2005 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 with a V8. I’m very pleased with the engine. Already put on Bilstiens shocks and BFG AT K/O (E rated) tires.

Took delivery of a new 2009 Casita 17’ Spirit Deluxe. Have not had a chance to get working on it yet, but a friend has welded on gas can holders and battery tray on back bumper so I can have dual batteries. He also made me a truss frame on the forward section of the frame because the frame was very bendy there.

I switched out the tall Fan-Tastic dome and motor for the pancake style. I need to remove the A/C and sell it and put another pancake fan in it’s place. It will go in the garage when the 1983 Toyota and Ranger FWC is sold.

There is a long list of things to do to both, but time seems to be short.

Attachments

• 090611CG2_002.jpg
    090611CG2_002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 090611CG2_004.jpg
    090611CG2_004.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 364
  • 090611CG2_006.jpg
    090611CG2_006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 090611CG2_008.jpg
    090611CG2_008.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 353
Casita looks slick, and the new rig stout. Maybe some interior shots someday?

Simply can't believe your Toy/Ranger set up hasn't sold yet.

This thing have an skid plates? Had a friend join us once with his trailer. We were just a hundred yards off the pavement by the river. He still managed to rip out the piping for the black water system getting to us.

This thing have an skid plates? Had a friend join us once with his trailer. We were just a hundred yards off the pavement by the river. He still managed to rip out the piping for the black water system getting to us.

I plan to skin those areas with some poly sheets as a skid plate. I got the high lift axel and 15 inch tires. I'm swiching the tires to the BFG AT K/O.

Inside pictures after I add a floating flooring over the thin carpet.

Yes I am getting old...these running boards don't work as a step but they should keep the dirt and sand and winter snow crap off the side of the Runner. Some day I might miss aiming offroad and end up looking like DD's:D

Rim size?

That Toyota has 16" rims doesn't it? The flat tire thread makes me think it would be nice to have the same size rims and bolt pattern on a trailer that the tow vehicle uses.

That Toyota has 16" rims doesn't it? The flat tire thread makes me think it would be nice to have the same size rims and bolt pattern on a trailer that the tow vehicle uses.

Close Ed.... 4 Runner has LT265/65R 17" tires. The trailer bad tires that came with the 15 inch tire set up are Goodyear Marathon ST225/75R 15". I'll be putting BFG AT K/O LT235/75R 15". This size is good stock size for most tire shops everywhere if need to replace one on the road.

There is no way to stuff the 17" in the small trailer wheel well. But good way of thinking.

Patrick,
Poking around under the hood of the 4 Runner, beer in hand, will not be nearly as entertaining or educational as the red truck. Or is there room for a big block in there?

Dick

Looking good!

Before my FWC purchase a few years ago, I was all hot & bothered for a small fiberglass trailer. I looked at Casitas, Scamps, Burros, Bolers, etc. I think they are a great choice for a trailer-type RV. I'm looking forward to seeing more of yours out & about.

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but a great resource for all things related to the egg shaped trailers is Fiberglass RV.com. They cover a wide scope of brands but it was a great forum with good info & people.

Now get that thing out of the driveway and make me greeen with envy! :thumb:

Looking good!

Before my FWC purchase a few years ago, I was all hot & bothered for a small fiberglass trailer.

In general what advantages do they posess?

Looking good!
Don't know if I mentioned it before, but a great resource for all things related to the egg shaped trailers is Fiberglass RV.com. They cover a wide scope of brands but it was a great forum with good info & people.

Thanks for the link. Went ahead and made an account. Casita would not sell me the trailer without the roof A/C. I would have paid some to leave it off. But now I need to pull it off and sell it. That forum along with the two Casita forums and Craigs list should be a good start to sell it.

Had many good times in trailers growing up. We will see how this suits is for the comming years.

In general what advantages do they posess?

There is always a pro and con for everything and different for each person.

For me the big bathroom with a toilet will be nice after spending 2 days living in a campground pit toilet with an upper GI virus. That was not the best part of the vacation.

The truck and FWC is more mobile. While the trailer you will have to preplan roads and parking lots to reduce the backing up in tight spots. I do plan on putting a front hitch to push it around.

The list can be long and visualize in your mind the vacation trips you have taken and what would have worked and what would have not. That starts your own pro – con list.

Rockrails?

...these running boards don't work as a step but they should keep the dirt and sand and winter snow crap off the side of the Runner. Some day I might miss aiming offroad and end up looking like DD's:D

Patrick,

DD thinks they're just REALLY WIDE rockrails :p

Nice looking setup all around. We look forward to hearing/seeing your future travels.

'birds

here is another web site I think you might like. It is fairly similar to this one, only with just Casita owners. www.casitaclub.com
have fun with it, I was going to get the 17' Liberty, but I like the Bobcat for what we need.

here is another web site I think you might like. It is fairly similar to this one, only with just Casita owners. www.casitaclub.com
have fun with it, I was going to get the 17' Liberty, but I like the Bobcat for what we need.

Thanks,

I have been a member for a while now. Good infomation there. Also is the Casita Forum at http://www.casitaforum.com/ been hitting up also.

Back
Top Bottom