4th Annual SoCal FWC Owners Rally - Oct 23rd-25th - We had a great time.

RC Pilot Jim

We added a new service:

"shuttle from campsite to town and return"

[SIZE=18pt]Pinecrest Retreat Center[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]3936 Highway 79, Julian, CA 92036[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]https://pinecrestretreat.squarespace.com/2015/1/14/summer-of-music-at-pinecrest [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] Click on the pictures to advance the slide show.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Attending from the factory[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Stan Kennedy – Sales Manager[/SIZE]

==================================================================

[SIZE=14pt]Reservation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]There are 30 sites available. These rallies sell out quickly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Call Sonam Chand at Four Wheel Campers to reserve and pay for the rally.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]1-800-242-1442[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Rally Fee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Includes camp space for Friday & Sat night, T-shirt, Hat, food, & drinks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]$ 100.00 per campsite for the Basic “Dry” sites (no hook-ups) -- we have 24 of these available.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]$ 120.00 per campsite for the “Water/Electric Hook-up” sites -- we have 6 of these sites available.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Camping Facilities:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]We will be camped in 3 large flat areas that hold 10 rigs each in a pie shape with no individual campsites except for the 6 hookup (water/electric) sites. Bring a portable table and chairs for your camping area. The sites are gravel/dirt . Hookup sites have a picnic table. There will be water available at each camping area. You will be assigned your area when you arrive.[/SIZE]

Friday Schedule

2:00 pm - Check-in
Camp Set up
Visit other owners at the Gathering near pool area - bring chairs
Something to drink
Friday Night is open

[SIZE=18pt]Saturday Schedule[/SIZE]

9:00 am Shuttle to Town**

1. [SIZE=14pt]10:00 AM – Noon “Walk-Around” Visit each others campers to see our personal modifications – Owners Favorites. [/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=14pt]4:00 PM No Host cocktails [/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=14pt]5:00 - 6:00 PM Potluck [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] Bring chairs, dish to share for the number of people in your group. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]==================================================================[/SIZE]

**Shuttle to town:

I arranged a shuttle that will be available to take folks from Pinecrest on Saturday from 9 am - 3 pm for $25.00 per two people cash to be paid to the driver round trip to Julian and to the Eagle Mine Tour which is about 3 blocks east of town.
===================

Julian is really worth spending a couple of days to explore. Plan on arriving two days or so early or extend your visit. There are two state campgrounds (Cuyamaca SP, Paso Pichacho), William Heise (San Diego ) county camping park, and a Thousand trails campground about 30 miles south on Hiway 79.

[SIZE=14pt]What to see and do in Julian Tourist VR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt].......an old mining town that features updated, shops, restaurants (apple pie is to die for), and the Eagle Gold Mine tour about 2 blocks east of town. October is apple festival time. Highway 78 goes right through town (if you are travelling from I-5 or I-15).[/SIZE]

The Eagle Mining Company
Eagle Mining Co. | Mining Tour Julian CA

We took the grandkids there last month. For $10 for adults and $5 for kids its a super value. Its in my "top ten best Gold mining tours" in California.

NOTE: New price
I negotiated 10% off on the "Gold Mine Tour" . Special price $9 adults. $4 kids.

Discount password is "Four Wheel Rally Pinecrest" which is good for October 19th - 27th in case you want to come early and stay a day or so later.

Rental Trailers

[SIZE=14pt]Pinecrest rents re-furbished travel trailers. If you have ordered your camper and it hasn't arrived you could rent a trailer directly from them. Check out the website slide show for more information.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Pinecrest closes for the winter September 30th. They are open for special club rally's after their season and will let you stay beyond the rally date if you decide to extend your stay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Video of a past SoCaRally created by Hawk owner Bill Harr[/SIZE]

==========================================================
Directions:
[SIZE=14pt]On website, Click on the “Pinecrest contact/Location” link to view the map. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Local: From the intersection Highway 78/79 (Julian), proceed 2.8 miles south on Highway 79. At about 2.5 miles look for a large sign on the right – “Vista Point”. [/SIZE]
gallery_2684_751_75364.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]200 feet beyond – view a Yellow “emergency call box” on the right. Just beyond is large parking area (right). [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Look for Pincrest sign and "Four Wheel Campers" Banner off to the right. [/SIZE]
gallery_2684_751_263234.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Enter facility on asphault road goes down into a canyon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]At the bottom of the hill, before the building . Look on the left for the “Check-in” sign on the left Under a blue "Easy-Up" Sunshade.[/SIZE]
==================================================================

[SIZE=14pt]See you there :)[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]​

:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Most all of the So Cal Rally details are finalized.

We have 30 campsites reserved.

Jim should be posting a complete update with all of the details soon.

We can start taking reservations most any time.

:)

Just relocated to the area. We're registered and looking forward to attending.

I negotiated 10% off on the "Gold Mine Tour" . Special price $9 adults. $4 kids. Once your registered email me for the discount.

Password: "Four Wheel Rally Pinecrest" is good for October 19th - 27th in case you want to come early and stay a day or so later.

Shuttle to town:

I arranged a shuttle that will be available to take folks from Pinecrest on Saturday from 9 am - 3 pm for $25.00 per two people cash to be paid to the driver round trip to Julian and to the Eagle Mine Tour which is about 3 blocks east of town.

They will also take you to Wynola Junction (more info at "Check-In") and Lake Cuyamaca for a slight additional fee.

Updated the main Post today with two items:

1. There will be a shuttle van to town on Saturday the 24th

2. The pssword for the mine tour is: "Four Wheel Rally Pinecrest"

Good for October 19th - 27th in case you want to come early and stay a day or so later.

Some of you have asked about towing a small car when you travel.
We will have the Samurai at Pinecrest for those that want to see it.

Cute, practical, light and cheap (relatively speaking). We bought it to explore ghost towns and
mine sites in the desert without having to break camp.

gallery_2684_908_315769.jpg

Jim/Stan, sorry we're going to miss this years gathering in SoCal. (Off to the White Rim Trail.) I'm sure it will be fun, see you next year!

Harv

photohc said:
Jim/Stan, sorry we're going to miss this years gathering in SoCal. (Off to the White Rim Trail.) I'm sure it will be fun, see you next year!

Harv
Going to miss you guys Harv.

Should be a great trip. Happy trails.

Back
Top Bottom