4wc roof construction

beachbunny

Advanced Member
can someone explain the construction of the roof and how it connects to liner please?
tia

There were some pics and a discussion on FWC or the ATC threads in the past. Last time I saw them was a couple years back and I can't say whether they were new post or someone retrieved them from a earlier post. You might do a search or one of the mods, might be able to locate them.

Attachments

• Newer FWC Roof Framing overhang-frame.jpg
    Newer FWC Roof Framing overhang-frame.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,385
PokyBro said:
Hey beachbunny,

I’ve attached my build thread with the sections that show various aspects of the roof. If you start there and move forward, it will show you what the frame looks like, all the way through how the lift panels are attached, and the side liner installed. Hope this helps!

Poky

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/12116-full-build-out-reconstructing-a-1981-grandby-into-a-custom-hawk/page-7
roger that, thanks,these leaks are making me very unhappy

Also, here is a video about the roof, you'll likely find some of the shot useful in understanding the roof structure.

And finally a video of installing the canvas, I talk about the canvas, trim construction a bit in here too.

Best of luck, let me know if yu have any more questions.

Yes on both the butyl tape and calk. You know for some reason down on the bottom seal, where the linear meets the body, mine had no butyl, but that was a 35 year old build, my guess is they have calk and burtle on all seams.

Back
Top Bottom